What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I put the hardtop on my car for winter today. No doubt I will miss a few days of good weather where I would have the roof down, but for the most part the extra refinement and security will be a good thing, apart from not needed the maintenance and effort to keep clean that a mohair fabric roof does. It also looks loads better with the hardtop on than it does with the fabric roof....no pictures of this so you'll have to take my word for it :p

Man of Honour
I put the hardtop on my car for winter today. No doubt I will miss a few days of good weather where I would have the roof down, but for the most part the extra refinement and security will be a good thing, apart from not needed the maintenance and effort to keep clean that a mohair fabric roof does. It also looks loads better with the hardtop on than it does with the fabric roof....no pictures of this so you'll have to take my word for it :p

By doing this you ruin many of the great opportunities you'd otherwise have for top down winter motoring. The roof is an umbrella to keep the rain out - the roof down on a cold sunny December morning is every bit as enjoyable as having it down in August.

Soldato
Been to Dynodaze today with the owners' club, absolutely thrilled with my result. 354bhp 355ft-lbs.

10472949_849583858393275_4179169229445754227_n.jpg

Soldato
It's not bad to drive, the power is very smooth. It's a bit of a handful yes but bloody fun. Another guy with the same engine rolled 540bhp, amazing.

Saab engine goes in pretty nicely really. The old Saab 9-3's are based on the Astra/Cavs so engine mounts are just the same. Just needs a few hoses cutting down and some wiring, it's not too bad really. Well worth it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27079935 said:
By doing this you ruin many of the great opportunities you'd otherwise have for top down winter motoring. The roof is an umbrella to keep the rain out - the roof down on a cold sunny December morning is every bit as enjoyable as having it down in August.

Roof down in winter is good of course but the opportunities are not frequent enough for me to consider the hardtop a wasted purchase. Lots of very short journeys, rush hour traffic, November rain, constantly having to clean debris of the roof and the beautiful environs of Wolverhampton do not make for a convertible nirvana :p

As awkwardly proportioned as it is compared to the soft top I do think the mx5 with the electrical folding hardtop would make for a nicer and less bothersome daily.... Best of both worlds.

Transmission breaker
Don
Was not today, but last weekend, but I installed my cam properly.

In the box ready to go:
blackvue1.jpg

Installed:
blackvue2.jpg

blackvue3.jpg

blackvue4.jpg

blackvue5.jpg

Thats what I was after, something hidden away, and not messy. Power from overhead lights circuit and high quality recording :D Cable enters the trim through the existing hole for the powered mirror. Seems to work really well, and the little adhesive clips that come with the blackvue make the cable management easy. Nice little touch :)

Soldato
got the loose pipe fitted back onto the turbo. the car is now running better than it was when i first purchased it.

meaning the pipe had probably never been fully connected in the first place :eek:

oh well, glad its fixed :D its running really well now.

another problem has cropped up though. i wonder if any of you guys have had experience with steering problem? the steering is fine when the car is going 15mph+ but as soon as i slow down and start doing maneuvers e.g parking, i get a popping/creaking sound coming from the steering :confused: any ideas? ive had the strut bearings (?) replaced recently for new ones. wondering what else it could be?

Soldato
Fitted my new seats today. I've also got some rears that have been trimmed to match, still to fit yet. Got them for an absolute bargain price. I just need to order some new plastic guides for the harness holes, but at £75 for a set I'm not in too much of a hurry.

IMG_20141022_154355.jpg

Properly comfy though. I think the base had gone in my old drivers' seat too, it'd started to get quite lumpy which isn't good for someone as boney as me :p

Caporegime
Tried to remove the clips from the trim that goes in front of the mirror, as they were meant to stay in the bodywork but came out with the trim... They were stuck so securely that when I attempted to pull them off, the whole clips and the plastic pegs on the back of the trim snapped off... So I bought some velcro and industrial strength double-sided sticky tape which is doing the job well... :p

That brings the total count of items which are partially affixed with tape, up to two. :p

Soldato
went to the local garage to fill the car up, opened door *BANG*....Hit the car door on the raised curb around the petrol pump...

JQ5f1T2.jpg

Took a right chunk of paint off :(

Why have the curb thing so bloody high....

Back
Top Bottom