Skynet - what are you crunching with?

Man of Honour
Does that ram work with that board? Asus only list two modules in their QVL and each stick of that is 100 quid.

If that ram is compatible well that's a whole different ball game, I'd looked at the 8 core E5 2630 v3 for 510 quid. Price doesn't look so bad then.

No it doesn't :o

Updated with compatible RAM

However its not so bad, with 2 CPU's you can run with 2, 4 or 8 DIMMS populated

Must you tempt me so, I guess I gotta look deeper into the wild :D

Ebay is your friend (international traders)

I'm not going down that route again for a long time :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
No it doesn't :o

Updated with compatible RAM

However its not so bad, with 2 CPU's you can run with 2, 4 or 8 DIMMS populated

Ebay is your friend (international traders)

I'm not going down that route again for a long time :eek:

Biffa I dunno what you are doing to me you are making it all seem very doable, particularly the ram as I thought I'd need eight sticks but you basically saying I only need 4 to get going. Plus I have 2 780ti so the cards can come off the list, unless I actually added two more 780ti, they are very good deals on them atm, I could also check MM as well now I have access.

Plus it'll look freekin awesome in my Midas build :D

Soldato
I have a Samsung sm-t320 tablet and a Galaxy s5 both of them have a qualcomm snapdragon 800 4 core cpu but boinc only runs on two cores of the sg5 and 4 on the tablet?
I suppose it's down to thermal loading as the phone is getting quite warm with two instances running :eek:

PDW

PDW

Associate
I have a Samsung sm-t320 tablet and a Galaxy s5 both of them have a qualcomm snapdragon 800 4 core cpu but boinc only runs on two cores of the sg5 and 4 on the tablet?
I suppose it's down to thermal loading as the phone is getting quite warm with two instances running :eek:

You can run 4 on your SG5 if you want to, just go into Preferences and change it. My SG4 doesn't get too hot running on 3 cores and setting battery level down to 50% means I don't have to have it plugged into the mains all the time and can use it as a phone :)

Associate
Gents, I'm getting stuck offshore for another week, which means mega OT payment for me.

So found one Asus Z10PE-D8-WS in stock in the UK and promptly bought it :D

Need to find the ram and also decide which V3's to use. I know its too late for Skynet but hey it'll be available in the future once I'm home long enough to actually build it.

Back
Top Bottom