new skynet challenge

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So I think Evga's efforts are about to bear fruit :( Free-DC stats show in the last 24 hours:
OcUK: 1,348,882
Evga: 1,315,783
That looks just about to favour us, but the last 12 hour update isn't so pretty:
OcUK: 691,273
EVGA: 707,327

The next 12 hours could show which way the wind is really blowing.

Still, there's some sad news, no not the temporary blip of being out produced by Hanluc yesterday, I knew that wouldn't last as I still have well over 700 wu's pending, no it looks like I'm going to get stomped tomorrow :( It's all for the good of the team I suppose :(;):(

Actually that is impressive. According to Free-DC stats in the last day you are No 9 in the world for Skynet credit today (I'm gobsmacked I'm at number 10). To get stomped just shows how awesome BA's output is :cool:

Associate
Just fixed a i7 laptop which had a dead HDD to add, not sure what the points will be but it looks like every one is going to count!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Hey our clocks have gone back from British Summer Time. Is it just wishful thinking to hope we get an extra crunching hour over the EVGA mob who are largely based across the pond?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
There are over 260k WUs available according to their server stats. check your boinc preferences especially network, for the queue length (buffers set to at least 0.25 days), and nothing set to restrict connection times. And that the skynet project itself has a good resource share (100% or more). You may be able to force a connection to the server if you select the project and click "update".

Soldato
Associate
Are we sure we shouldn't do some recruitment in the CPU forum? Power to burn going spare in there..

Yeah still think if more people knew about it they would join even if they are not into folding. It's only for a week and a single post isn't exactly spamming and if nobody is interested it would soon get pushed to the second page where people probably wouldn't notice it. But apparently it doesn't go down well posting in other sections about this so shouldn't do it. Just think if we got 10% of the people in there though it would be a big boost to the team. Would push my rank way down though but it would be good for the team.

Soldato
Filthyphil has kindly come on board now with 20 ivy/sandy cores most of which aren't HT. We're still holding them at 150K, but I agree we could do with more, maybe it's time for conscription, no haribos until you've done your OcUK pogs service ;)

Man of Honour
Oh well. Guess we all knew that wasn't going to last. :(

Still, we can fight to the last. Man the trenches and all that! :)

If you do go recruiting, just don't go overboard. That has a way of backfiring unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom