• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2 GTX 780 use reference PCB?

Mobster
Soldato
HOF-2b.jpg

evga-gtx780-2.jpg

This took me literally 15 seconds to do, i googled 780 KFA PCB and 780 Reference PCB.

They look nothing alike. Do you really need to clog GPU section with questions like this? Im not trying to be rude but come on.

Answer to your question is No.

Associate
OP
HOF-2b.jpg

evga-gtx780-2.jpg

This took me literally 15 seconds to do, i googled 780 KFA PCB and 780 Reference PCB.

They look nothing alike. Do you really need to clog GPU section with questions like this? Im not trying to be rude but come on.

Answer to your question is No.
Wow. Did you even look at the card I linked?

You have found the HOF version, well done.

I have already spent a decent while searching and I couldn't find anything FOR THE CARD I LINKED.

Jesus. Is everyone here as hostile as you? Why did you even bother if it's such an imposition.

Soldato
The white KFA card isn't the one he linked to.

It isn't listed on cooling configurator, but this what it's PCB looks like according to OcUK:

8yvzsit.png

Looks pretty close to the reference card you posted, though I can't confirm anything. I'd take a punt and say that it would fit if pushed though.

Jesus. Is everyone here as hostile as you?

No, he has special qualities that sets him apart ;)

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Wow. Did you even look at the card I linked?

You have found the HOF version, well done.

I have already spent a decent while searching and I couldn't find anything FOR THE CARD I LINKED.

Jesus. Is everyone here as hostile as you? Why did you even bother if it's such an imposition.

GX-068-KF_94661_600.jpg

evga-gtx780-2.jpg

You can see clearly that they're not the same. And that the VRM isnt in the same place.

Based on the link you posted id still say no. Wasnt that hard now was it?

Yes everyone on here is really hateful and angry, dont post here we're bad people!

Associate
OP
The white KFA card isn't the one he linked to.

It isn't listed on cooling configurator, but this what it's PCB looks like according to OcUK:

Looks pretty close to the reference card you posted, though I can't confirm anything.

Thank's uncle petey. Yeah I am assuming it's the same but just concerned about slight variation in vrm or capacitor positons.

Mobster
Soldato
Still closer than the random card you posted :p

Seriously man, find a new tampon brand or something... It's just not necessary.

I did another comparison with the card he had linked. Still doesnt look like a ref card.

I even put a disclaimer in my original post but OP decides to display some prepubescent volitility outbreak.

Mobster
Soldato
lol

OP, maybe if i didnt post and you listened to petey and forced your cooler on the card and you ended up frying maybe you wouldnt mind a rude man like me ( :( ) telling you they're not the same even though im mixed the KFA cards up.

I am so sorry.

Soldato
Well maybe it's because you tend to have that effect on people? You must have noticed by now?

I never said to force anything. I'm sure that he would see it wouldn't fit when faced with the card and block if it got to that. If it doesn't fit, as it likely looks.

Associate
OP
I'd like to see the front of the pcb and at least see it was very similar before I spent the money.

Based on the back though it doesn't look hopeful.

Associate
I took a gamble.while the price was good and ordered one of the kfa2 780 with the blower cooler.and an ek block I only took that risk after looking at galaxy's website which has the exact same card just with galaxy branding as they stayed it was a reference design. Will find out on Tuesday when I get back from holiday and try to fit the block.

Associate
OP
I took a gamble.while the price was good and ordered one of the kfa2 780 with the blower cooler.and an ek block I only took that risk after looking at galaxy's website which has the exact same card just with galaxy branding as they stayed it was a reference design. Will find out on Tuesday when I get back from holiday and try to fit the block.

Cool thank you adwol.

Associate
hey just an update after a quick play session with the stock cooler i've now removed the cooler and i'm glad to so it is a reference PCB as my Ek nickel gtx780ti block fits perfectly

Soldato
lol

OP, maybe if i didnt post and you listened to petey and forced your cooler on the card and you ended up frying maybe you wouldnt mind a rude man like me ( :( ) telling you they're not the same even though im mixed the KFA cards up.

I am so sorry.

The guy asked a valid question and you went a bit nuts about clogging up a forum (whatever that means). Wind your neck in, you don't come across very well.

Back
Top Bottom