how much does it cost you to get to work?

Associate
Never thought about this before but off the top of my head my petrol is about 8 - 9 % of wage and travel time between 2 - 2.5 hrs per day and thats mainly motorway.

Soldato
Nothing, every single job I've had has been near where I lived within a 10 minute walk.
Two of my jobs have been 30 seconds away across a road almost ;P It was nice to be able to go home for lunch every day and just chill out, now I don't even get one! :(

I feel for those having to get up earlier to travel for an hour or more and then getting home even later.

Man of Honour
About 13% of take home pay, possibly more depending on how many taxis I end up taking. I do get some leisure usage out of my season rail ticket however, as it is quite broad in scope

Associate
0% as I walk to work. Did the whole commuting into London from the suburbs for a while and hated losing hours of my day stuck with late-running and cancelled trains and tubes, so now I live within 15 minutes walk of work.

Caporegime
Why don't those who drive factor in stuff like MOTs, servicing, tires, etc?

With all that included, my ex's car cost more than double my commuting costs, and I don't think benefits of having a car are worth that (in London any way).

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom