• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Thank you for replying mate. It might help if you explain with a little more detail (i.e. a user here posted how awful Vodaphone reception had been and he barely ever got 3G) but from what you've said it sounds like you need to visit your store for a replacement.

For example, my Note 2 was reported to have fantastic battery life. When I bought it I found the battery to be no where near fantastic with "normal" use but (thanks to the 'screen on' time stat) it turns out I was getting the expected battery life.

I think maybe it just needed a couple of days to get used to itself. :confused:

seems really good now, unplugged at 6am its on 83% now, pretty happy with that.

Soldato
How reliable is touch ID for you guys.

When I first got the phone it worked every time without fail now it only works about 50% of the time. Sometimes the home button feels a bit loose (it wobbles when I rest my thumb on it), I'm wondering it may be faulty?

Soldato
How reliable is touch ID for you guys.

When I first got the phone it worked every time without fail now it only works about 50% of the time. Sometimes the home button feels a bit loose (it wobbles when I rest my thumb on it), I'm wondering it may be faulty?

Sounds like it is faulty. Mine works every time, and the button definitely doesn't wobble.

Associate
The Iphone 6 plus will be mine tomorrow on O2! Was casually browing the O2 store on lunch today, and to my happiness, the Gold plus 128gb was in Stock! I really wanted the black version, but I figure once the case gets put on, that colour disappears

Looking forward to my new toy after work (wish I had the day off!!)

Soldato
Finally went for the 6 16gb space grey, £200 up front, £39 a month for 20gb double speed 4g. Thought it was a lot but calculating how much it would be to buy one then pay 3's sim only deal for 2 years it works out around the same.

If by 'around the same' you mean several hundred quid difference then yes, it would be around the same...

Soldato
Finally went for the 6 16gb space grey, £200 up front, £39 a month for 20gb double speed 4g. Thought it was a lot but calculating how much it would be to buy one then pay 3's sim only deal for 2 years it works out around the same.

So you spent £1136 for the wrong phone (16GB) on a bad contract. Ouch!

I saved £250 paying outright for the phone (more accurately using a 20 month interest free credit card) and continuing with three.

Caporegime
Yeah I bought the phone 64 gb (sweet spot) outright using an interest free credit card...paying 45 quid over two years does my head in plus I wanted the freedom to change sims and deals etc...I have just emailed Virgin mobile....as I'm currently on them sim only to undercut the giffgaff 12 quid per month goody bag....being contract free gives you options....:)

Caporegime
Does my head in when people keep saying this :/

You know for some people 16GB is actually more than enough?

Yeah but for the moderately little more for the 64gb each month or even outright it allows the phone to grow over the next 2 years....

My sister just got an iPhone 5s on a cracking deal but it's only 16gb and she has already down to about 1gb free...it's amazing how much snapchat etc...photos and apps take up....

Just saying....each to their own though...:)

Soldato
Yeah but for the moderately little more for the 64gb each month or even outright it allows the phone to grow over the next 2 years....

My sister just got an iPhone 5s on a cracking deal but it's only 16gb and she has already down to about 1gb free...it's amazing how much snapchat etc...photos and apps take up....

Just saying....each to their own though...:)

Yep. It's not 16GB of available space, that is what is there before formatting and the OS is installed. If memory serves there will be just over 10GB usable space available on a 16GB device out of the box.

It's a device with a 8MP camera with burst mode, 1080p and slo-motion video recording. Use it for a few months, take a few pictures, add a few apps and it'll be creaking at the seams. For the sake of £70 on a total of £1136 I believe it's a bad decision on a device you can't expand the storage on.

Soldato
It's a device with a 8MP camera with burst mode, 1080p and slo-motion video recording. Use it for a few months, take a few pictures, add a few apps and it'll be creaking at the seams.

TBH, after I got my iPhone 6 I took a couple of Slo-Mo vids then the novelty wore off. I don't foresee me using it very much ever again. I also use iCloud Photo Library for image and video storage, and am pretty frugal with apps, only using very few for select things. I currently have 8.3GB free, and that's from a backup of my 2-year old iPhone 5, so it's unlikely to shrink massively any time soon. Also helps I don't listen to music or watch stored video, only streamed stuff.

16GB is absolutely fine for me, and always has been. Zero need to have any bigger right now.

Caporegime
TBH, after I got my iPhone 6 I took a couple of Slo-Mo vids then the novelty wore off. I don't foresee me using it very much ever again. I also use iCloud Photo Library for image and video storage, and am pretty frugal with apps, only using very few for select things. I currently have 8.3GB free, and that's from a backup of my 2-year old iPhone 5, so it's unlikely to shrink massively any time soon. Also helps I don't listen to music or watch stored video, only streamed stuff.

16GB is absolutely fine for me, and always has been. Zero need to have any bigger right now.

I'm sure 16gb is enough for some...but you can never have enough storage in my view...I know when phone arrives I'll hammer the video and photos when I'm out and about...plus with my satnav maps etc...16gb would not work for me.

Associate
so, erm, how's the phone?:o

Yeah, sorry, it was a bit gushing wasn't it :o - I always swore it wouldn't happen, but I have become a total Apple whore ...

Had the phone a week now and I'm still absolutely chuffed with it - have hardly picked up my iPad mini lately. The phone would still be great even if I was still on Vodafone, but having it on a network that actually DOES provide 3G coverage outside of Cambridge city centre just takes it up a notch.

Soldato
I'm sure 16gb is enough for some

...and I agree 16GB definitely isn't enough for some :)

What annoys me is people who flat-out state it's not enough, and almost scoff at someone buying 16GB, not grasping that not everyone has the same storage needs.

I've seen it numerous times especially since the 6 launched, so I'm not singling anyone out here. Even one of the Tested.com guys said it during one of their podcasts, and promptly (and rightly) got rebuked for it.

Back
Top Bottom