Ported flowed head
Uprated cams (256)
10:6:1 compression pistons
racing beat manifold
3.9 kg flywheel
light head skim

Just about ready to fire it up!

Soldato
Did it go ok? How big is the racing beat manifold? Any bigger than standard?

I was looking at the exhaust side of stuff but the supercharger sort of fills that side of the engine bay..

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Did it go ok? How big is the racing beat manifold? Any bigger than standard?

I was looking at the exhaust side of stuff but the supercharger sort of fills that side of the engine bay..

From memory, the Racing beat clashes with most hot side chargers as it angles up a little.

Associate
I havent run it yet as there are two wires I am not sure where they go and their connectors have fallen off. Just looking at the wiring diagram now!

I think the manifold is 1.7" into 2.375"... however as you can see the 4th primary is rather tall as they calculated this improved mid range flow or somthing so you will need a more conventional manifold such as JR etc.

Soldato
Most aftermarket manifolds won't fit with a supercharger mounted in the usual place on an NA or NB. Think the Jackson racing manifold fits most m45 installations though.

Soldato
Any opinions on what wheels may suit my Mk 2.5? I was going to go the refurb route on the originals but decided to replace them for now as they are leaking air a fair bit, really not sure what might suit or what colour, but open to opinions?

Car is a 2004 Arctic LE in Razor Blue, probably sticking with 152 for the sake of keeping current tyres, but may entertain 16s for the right look if people think it helps the car in any way? If sticking on 15s then £100 a corner is the max, more ideally around £80.

Soldato
I'd stick with 15" wheels Tim, My mk 2.5 came with 16" as standard, were changed by the previous owner to some stupid 16" wheels.

I've since gone to 15" and think it's much better suited. I like the ones on mine (somewhere in this thread).

The ones that came on the Euphonic LE model were really nice, maybe try them?

Soldato
Those Euphonic wheels are REALLy nice actually, but on mx5parts they are £180 a wheel! :eek:

Might have a look around for something similar to those, though, maybe in a gunmental? :eek:

Soldato
Yeah, LE wheels are that expensive, my Arctic wheels are a similar price on there!

I'm sure there will be some out there that are a similar design, I do like the look of 15" Dotz "Mugello", but we'll see!

Soldato
Still looking on these wheels!

What tyres would people recommend on these btw? We had no problem with Toyo T1-Rs on the MG-F and they did very well in all conditions, any opinion on what tyres just seem to really work well with the '5?

Back
Top Bottom