Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Should have bought a cheaper petrol with The S-Tronic box ;)

Yes I said that...but £26 more a month over a 2 or 3 year period is one thing. £7k more than I paid for the car is OTT (for the TDI).

I just don't get diesel TTs. It's not a car you're going to do millions of miles in so why ruin it with a diesel engine?

I like a car that handles well, grips well, good quality interior and still practical but I also like the better fuel economy of the diesel. Put it this way, if I was doing HALF the miles I do than of course petrol makes sense...I put just over 20k miles on the A1 in less than a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
May I ask how much?
Certainly an upgrade over the A1 but the spec looks a bit poor?
Half leather and no nav? :(

There isn't really many optional extras on the car. Personally much prefer the half leather/half alcantara over the full leather (which also suffers from sagging issues from what I've seen).

Would like to retrofit Sat nav at some point and it is possible to do it. Just not sure whether to go OEM (rns-e) or aftermarket. I think OEM is much more fitting to the car but its not exactly ground breaking technology. I do still want it though, same goes for cruise control (not expensive to do).

EDIT: Black edition standard spec inc, 19" RS4 style wheels, privacy glass, heated mirrors, BOSE audio, MFSW, Climate control, Xenons + facelift car etc... my A1 was a standard black edition too but obviously had the nice new MMI, Rotors LED interior lights and usable cupholders :)p).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Got RNS 510 and bluetooth retrofitted in mine, well worth it. Think I'd do the DAB version now though if I was doing it again (this was about 2 years ago so they were quite new still then).

Soldato
Because it's small, has limited boot space and limited rear seat space.

I'm sure you could do a lot of miles in it but something bigger would be more comfortable and practical for most people.

I did 300 miles down to Devon no problem in the A1. Thats about as far as I ever need to drive in one go.

Boot space isn't an issue for me in either cars. TT boot is surprisingly large for a coupe imo, and very practical with the back seats down.

If anyone else has any other comments aimed towards my car, PM. I feel like its dragging on in this thread....nath get some pics up ASAP!

Soldato
1970850_10154780407565424_4988919497487257439_n.jpg

Astra Turbo Friend.

car011114.jpg

Going in garage for service etc next week, may raise it up whilst I am there as despite looking "cool" it's not that practical around Stoke. Already bust my front splitter lol. Waiting for the hate :D

Really like it for the money though and drives/goes nice, for a Vauxhall :)

Soldato
Astra Turbo Friend.

car011114.jpg

Going in garage for service etc next week, may raise it up whilst I am there as despite looking "cool" it's not that practical around Stoke. Already bust my front splitter lol. Waiting for the hate :D

Really like it for the money though and drives/goes nice, for a Vauxhall :)

At least you can tune the engine cheaply being the z20let vs z16let.

I plan to fit embark pro springs next year to drop it slightly but I think yours is a bit low, the arch line doesn't really follow the wheel profile enough for me.

That, a remap, Cruise control stock and maybe a pretty cat delete will do me.

Back
Top Bottom