I've had a fair few problems since my Mac upgraded to Yosemite:

• iTunes crashing/not starting/not playing/reminds me of iTunes of old
  • Wifi dropping out on the Mac only
  • Can't wake up Apple TV via airplay anymore
  • Airplay playback stuttering
  • Synology Diskstation dropping off finder
  • Caffeine not running properly
  • Not waking up from sleep

To name a few. For me, it's been a pretty rubbish upgrade, Maveriks has been better in most ways I use my Mac.

Anyone else had similar? Would a fresh install cure any of this?

Associate
Apart from synology (have alternatives that work fine) I've not experienced any of those issues.

Caffeine should get an update but a good alternative that is definitely Yosemite compatible is KeepingYouAwake. Same functionality.

Soldato
Yeah Bluetooth pairing/connectivity/performance issues. Namely Apple's Wireless Keyboard not connecting and Magic Mouse randomly lagging.

What is even more annoying is the level of inconsistency this happens at. It can be 100% one day but next day all manner of problems, then the day after it automatically fixed itself.

Peg

Peg

Associate
I had quite a few minor niggles after upgrading to Yosemite so I eventually created a boot disk and did a fresh install on both my Macs. I now only have 1 problem and it seems quite a common one that connecting to wifi when waking up from sleep is hit and miss. Switching wifi on and off sorts it out but hopefully Apple have an update that makes it work properly.

Soldato
I found that the USB development I do for some astro camera drivers didn't work.. 10.9 they work.. 10.10 they don't..

I think that the USB sub system has been prodded.. or at least the timing..

Suspended
I've had a fair few problems since my Mac upgraded to Yosemite:

• iTunes crashing/not starting/not playing/reminds me of iTunes of old
  • Wifi dropping out on the Mac only
  • Can't wake up Apple TV via airplay anymore
  • Airplay playback stuttering
  • Synology Diskstation dropping off finder
  • Caffeine not running properly
  • Not waking up from sleep

To name a few. For me, it's been a pretty rubbish upgrade, Maveriks has been better in most ways I use my Mac.

Anyone else had similar? Would a fresh install cure any of this?

Yosemite is fine, I've found that iOS8 has really messed up AirPlay from iPad though. Has to be Apples worst release in years.

Soldato
I haven't had any problems really. Caffeine (lasted updated in early 2010) hasn't worked properly for a long time, not since Mountain Lion made changes and introduced new commands.

Associate
Mine keeps freezing and needs a reboot. I first installed over the beta, no clean install. Had this issue so I wiped and clean installed, problem still exists. MBP out of warranty (not by much) so what's my next step?

Back
Top Bottom