Plusnet Discussion Thread

Associate
No cashback on the Fibre offers? just Normal BB? Can only see £10 on the Fibre from Quidco

I got £105 on mine 80/20 one couple of weeks ago from topcashback.

On another note my router come today, not going to use it but for just the postage thought it would be worth having as a spare. Open reach have been booked for Thursday morning apparently :)

Associate
BT guy just left really happy got 74/17 at the moment but that was the first sync speed. Hopefully it will go up to 80/20 :) Phone still doesnt work though apparently they need to move a cable at the exchange and it will be done later today. -Fingers Crossed-

Associate
I've been waiting over a month for an install, all due to my address not being on the Openreach database, despite a) it being the only flat in the block without a listing and b) it actually has a BT line from the previous occupants.

However, after sending an Openreach person out to check that the address exists, I can see that I've now been added (address appears on BT Address checker). I have now been given an install date for the end of next week.

Although I opted to get the Technicolour TG582n, I have no plan on using it - it is just mainly for backup. I have a Asus RT-AC86U router which I'd rather use. Do I need to inform PlusNet in advance that I'd like a BT Openreach modem or will the installer bring one anyway (I'm getting a combined phoneline and vDSL install at the same time)?

Associate
I've been waiting over a month for an install, all due to my address not being on the Openreach database, despite a) it being the only flat in the block without a listing and b) it actually has a BT line from the previous occupants.

However, after sending an Openreach person out to check that the address exists, I can see that I've now been added (address appears on BT Address checker). I have now been given an install date for the end of next week.

Although I opted to get the Technicolour TG582n, I have no plan on using it - it is just mainly for backup. I have a Asus RT-AC86U router which I'd rather use. Do I need to inform PlusNet in advance that I'd like a BT Openreach modem or will the installer bring one anyway (I'm getting a combined phoneline and vDSL install at the same time)?

I paid the postage for the router too just to have as a spare. If you dont have fibre installed already then the engineer should bring a modem with him thats what happened with me :)

I basically showed him the master socket and pointed out the Ethernet cable that the router was connected to on the other end (upstairs) he said thats fine and put the modem on the wall and connected the ethernet cable and everything else. Id already put my plusnet username and password in the router so it connected straight away :)

Soldato
Just been messing around with the supplied TG582 router, because the wireless signal downstairs was rubbish, 0.54mbps! Just changing the channel from automatic to manual channel 6 put the speed right up, now getting 25 + mbps on speedtest.
Weird, but if it stays like this I will keep this router.

Soldato
Using WiFiInfoView most of my local channels were set to 1,6, or 11. Moving my TG582N to CH13, signal went up from 30 to 42 mbps.

Still got an Asus RT56NU coming though.

Thanks for the tip, just ran WiFiInfo and found a few networks on channel 6. Changed to 13 now and its even better!
Wifi, 38 down connection on the plusnet router:

Last edited:
Permabanned
My speeds have been absolutely dire the past few weeks. I'm sure I'm being throttled because the btwholesale speed test is returning results that I should be getting. I'm trying to download Xubuntu 14.10 from mirrorservice.org through Deluge torrent and I'm getting 300KiB/s, which is ridiculously slow compared to what I've had from seeders before. Web pages are also taking forever to load, like I'm back on 56k. It's infuriating considering I'm supposed to be on the unlimited fibre package.

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom