Eight months later - R8 Delivery day!

Man of Honour
So they don't come with cruise control as standard? :eek:

It's a sports car it doesn't need it! :p

Nice one JP I still remember having a ride in your GTR and having been in an R8 I know how different they are but from our brief chat and I know you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of this. :)

I personally love the colour.

Associate
Pr0n, thanks for sharing with us!!! Any chance of some video? Will it venture on track?

Even with the new R8 due soon it's a great move!! The v10 in manual guise is a rare beast and what a joy to own even if it depreciates a bit.

Soldato
OP
It's a sports car it doesn't need it! :p

Nice one JP I still remember having a ride in your GTR and having been in an R8 I know how different they are but from our brief chat and I know you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of this. :)

I personally love the colour.

Indeed, although you may as well tick the option if you can, even if it only gets used on motorways it is nice to give the leg a stretch after a while.
And thanks for the nice words, hope to see you at another meet :)

Nice but isn't the new R8 due soon? And no auto makes me sad.
The new one based on the shared Huracán platform is due to be announced next year, who knows when it will be available though (2016?), anyway people are 99% sure no manual and that was my priority, big rear mounted NA engine with a manual box.

Pr0n, thanks for sharing with us!!! Any chance of some video? Will it venture on track?

Even with the new R8 due soon it's a great move!! The v10 in manual guise is a rare beast and what a joy to own even if it depreciates a bit.

Can try and do a video I guess, need to get better at the gears though! Look like a bit of a learner right now as it requires precision to get it in the slot :eek:

Rare indeed and I plan to keep it a while, the only other thing I would be tempted by is an F-Type with a manual box but don't think it will happen.

Updated the OP with a few pictures!

Soldato
8 month wait??? Why so long? Cracking car though garage around the corner from work has two of them and always sound good going past.

Soldato
OP
8 month wait??? Why so long? Cracking car though garage around the corner from work has two of them and always sound good going past.

One factory and high global orders for the new S-Tronic gearbox, if your dealership doesn't have a build slot then you have to wait even if you want a manual.

Soldato
One factory and high global orders for the new S-Tronic gearbox, if your dealership doesn't have a build slot then you have to wait even if you want a manual.

Madness... How did you cope? lol. I'd never ever be able to wait that long :p

Soldato
OP
More pics and some comments in the OP!

Madness... How did you cope? lol. I'd never ever be able to wait that long :p

Busy with work and travel, nice summer and the time flew by.

Now I bet it is going to be a crazy long winter before we get nice driving weather again :(

Soldato
OP
Well I planned to keep the GTR for 3-4 and it went just before 2, I will say 3-4 again with this but will see what comes up and how business is going.

Depreciation will be high, probably lost 15-20k when I drove it out the showroom but then who knows if the manual cars become rare and desirable in a few years it could be good.

Not really thinking about that :p

Permabanned
There's something fantastically satisfying about throwing a gated manual around that you just don't get from flappy paddles. Yeah flappy paddles are quicker yada yada yada. But you don't get that satisfying clunk. It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of BMW and Audi started piping the clunk sound in through the audio system for flappy paddles....

Man of Honour
Went I went up to the Evo triangle with Evo magazine earlier in the year, they had an R8 V10 and the majority of the staff loved it.

If you are wanting to tune it drop me a PM, I know someone very capable with these cars.

Back
Top Bottom