iOS 8.1 Jailbreak available

Soldato
Just letting everybody know there is a new version of Pangu out that includes cydia and other fixes.

Just installed it on my iPhone 6, iPad Air and gf's 5c no problem.

All working good!

http://en.pangu.io

Change log:

Pangu v1.1.0(2014.10.31)

1. Bundle latest Cydia for iOS8.

2. Optimize jailbreak process.

3. Fix an issue that may cause MobileSafari to crash on 64bit devices.

4. Fix an issue that causes iMessage/SMS to fail to send images.

5. Respring is not required anymore to make Substrate working.

6. Pangu APP now with some useful functions.

7. Add English support

:)

Last edited:
Associate
Worked fine on my 4S (8.1).. I had to disable Find my Phone, remove lockcode and put in airplane mode for it to JB successfully.

Associate
What benefits would I be likely to see on my iPad Air if I jail broke it?

For me, it's stuff like being able to SSH'ing and FTP'ing into my iPhone when needed, as well as being able to remote control my iPhone with VNC (could come in useful if the screen breaks and you have no other way to control anything)

Man of Honour
I was tempted by this, but iOS is pretty stable and pretty secure and tends to crap out when you customize it.... running a Chinese jailbreak on the device seems a really big accident waiting to happen...

good luck with turning your iOS devices into Chinese botnet nodes (tinfoil hat ready :)

Don
I have an annoying issue I wonder if anyone else has got, I use Springtomize to customise my apps into a certain layout on the home screen, I'm not sure this tweak is the issue but when I go into any app the app that sits beneath that icon is quickly displayed.

See the below image.

Obviously my camera app sits below my settings app.

It's the same for any app off my homescreen! Any ideas? It's only annoying, doesn't affect anything, just looks really rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom