*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Associate
The vibrations on the Z3C is very weak, is there any way to make it stronger? I have tried the custom app available on Play store, but this only changes the rhythm, not the strength..

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I love this phone...regularly getting 6+ hours screen on time...loving it.

One thing though might be a silly question...how do you change the default alarm tone??? So I dont need to have to keep changing it every time I create a new alarm...

Bry

Bry

Associate
I love this phone...regularly getting 6+ hours screen on time...loving it.

One thing though might be a silly question...how do you change the default alarm tone??? So I dont need to have to keep changing it every time I create a new alarm...

No idea, but if you find out please post back

Associate
so after fixing the Z3C over the weekend it failed today in its waterproofness!

I was teaching year 13 about smart materials, a pupil said it was stupid phones were not waterproof.... challenge accepted I thought....

a 2 minutes dunking and 1 dead phone. bubbles were coming out the speakers!

Sigh, more annoyed that the year 13 think I am a lunatic who kills his phone rather than its failed.

Soldato
so after fixing the Z3C over the weekend it failed today in its waterproofness!

I was teaching year 13 about smart materials, a pupil said it was stupid phones were not waterproof.... challenge accepted I thought....

a 2 minutes dunking and 1 dead phone. bubbles were coming out the speakers!

Sigh, more annoyed that the year 13 think I am a lunatic who kills his phone rather than its failed.

You'll be something that they talk about years down the line for that one, you realise that? Nice to be a part of peoples memories! Poor Z3c!

Soldato
I really like the look of the Motorola Droid Turbo. I think there's going to be an international version too which may be announced tomorrow called Moto Maxx. Good size too at 5.2", and it has a massive 3900 mAh battery. This should have been the nexus 6.

Edit: Just found some new info

http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_maxx_international_droid_turbo_smiles_for_the_camera-news-10120.php

Interesting back to the phone, not sure what to make of that, but I guess its one solution for all the people who complain about slippery phones.

Gav

Gav

Associate
amazon logistics, luckily the phone turned up at half 3ish.

me been a complete idiot thought it would be easier to just cut my sim card i have in my nexus down to size. tried on a spare o2 sim and i did it fine all was okay tried it again on my giffgaff sim and didnt realise till after that the gold part of the sim is much larger than on other sims....so now im without a sim until tomorrow

cut down micro sims work fine. There is no issue with cutting through the gold sections of the sim card. I did my giffgaff sim today and its working perfectly.

Associate
Interesting back to the phone, not sure what to make of that, but I guess its one solution for all the people who complain about slippery phones.

Yeah I like that design of the back. I would rather have that than a glass back as it seems more rugged. What a beast of a phone.

Soldato
So now that you folks have had a few weeks to live with your phones, how are you liking them? I'd talked myself out of getting one but I've just received some money from my Dad's estate and feel like treating myself.

Battery life still impressive or has the initial "wow" worn off now it's run in? Any other issues I should know? I'd be going for the orange one I think.

Soldato
I'm very happy with mine. The only real complaint I have is that the screen and sides of the case aren't one piece, meaning there's a slight gap between them. I've noticed dust etc has got stuck in the gap around the screen, though it's not particularly difficult to get out.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. I had an HTC One M8 prior to getting the Z3c and I honestly am happier with this. I found the M8 slightly too big, I was always conscious it was in my pocket for example, and although the aluminium construction and screen were a bit nicer on the M8, the huge bezels were kind of annoying, and it was a pain that it wasn't waterproof. It's really nice not having to worry about getting the Z3c wet.

Associate
I'm happy with mine too, it's the perfect size for me.

I don't know if it's me but the battery doesn't hold as much since I got it 2 weeks ago. It used to stay on 100% for longer but now quickly decreases to 99% within half hour of charging it fully, and decreases quickly from 100% to 90%.

I gave it an initial 6 hour charge with the micro usb charger included, after that I have been charging it with the Magnetic charger ever since.

Maybe it's the apps taking up the juice in the background, still overall I am happy with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom