UBi pull Christmas launch games from Steam in UK..

Soldato
Ubisoft are the reason I still respect EA. I still don't buy or care for any of their games.

There's incompetent, then there's downright devious.

Soldato
Can't buy on Steam: Check
Installs that Uplay garbage: Check
Better user experience from pirated versions: Check

They REALLY don't want our money do they? lol.

Soldato
I don't see the problem. The world of PC gaming doesn't start or end with Steam.

Uplay isn't that bad, I only have Farcry3 on it and I've had zero issues even when I ran it on an ancient PC.

Associate
I don't buy Ubi games. Last one I bought was Far Cry 3 and only then because was silly cheap in the Steam sale. Only played for about an hour. It got uninstalled to free up room for a good game.

But Far Cry 3 is an excellent game?

I have no particular love for Ubi and find uPlay to be annoying rather than helpful (though it has improved over the last few years) but FC3 is one of the few games I would gladly have paid full retail price for and not regretted the decision (though I actually bought it in a sale).

Soldato
You just end up with all these god-damned game programs, my taskbar has steam, origin and uplay in it - how many more do I need?

all my friends are on steam - because the steam community seems ok, we can all jump in and play all manner of different titles together, when you throw in uplay and origin it just becomes a difficult to manage fragmented mess,

Uplay is like the product of an emergency meeting from a boardroom, where a load of marketing people screamed "WE NEED A STEAM"

Associate
You just end up with all these god-damned game programs, my taskbar has steam, origin and uplay in it - how many more do I need?

all my friends are on steam - because the steam community seems ok, we can all jump in and play all manner of different titles together, when you throw in uplay and origin it just becomes a difficult to manage fragmented mess,

Uplay is like the product of an emergency meeting from a boardroom, where a load of marketing people screamed "WE NEED A STEAM"

this!

however, personally I'd like another program that consolidates steam,origin,... into 1. not gonna happen though :(

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Get ready for the "most pirated game in 2014" award goes to Farcry 4..

There really not helping themselves in the PC marker still.

Anyway doesnt bother me, dont buy or play anything anymore from UBI, EA or Activision.

I dont think i have missed out on anything rather good for a long long time.

Anyone who buys this off uPlay at launch is bad, and should feel bad.

I feel sorry for people who were slaved to the bone to create this game, only to have their hard work tarnished by arrogant morons in the boardroom hellbent on making ill informed decisions and profit driven stupid choices. Delivery platform being one, price, and then the over arching terrible PR their senior staff whip up in crass interviews.

Smacks of the "Open Letter to EA from an employee's wife" era of EA.

Caporegime
You'll probably find that Ubisoft were trying to agree better terms with Valve/Steam to reduce their percentage from giving away the standard 30% of the sales price to something much lower.

Obviously steam don't want to do that, as it would open a can of worms with other publishers.

I think this will massively harm sales for Ubisoft, based on how many people use Steam though. They've shot themselves in the foot if this is the case.

I doubt Steam had any objection to the price Ubisoft were pitching the games at though, they always leave publishers/devs to set their own prices.

Back
Top Bottom