BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
This is why I said to use Plus Gas, it's amazing, million times better than WD40 for this sort of job. I've been having great fun removing stuck nuts and bolts this past week on the Golf. :D

Of course if he is really unlucky he'll have to remove the whole track rod + end.

It's good in most places - but i've found it wont touch a track rod end, nothing much will

Associate
My way of doing is get a drill use a circular wire brush attachment and clean the threads then Apply copper ease, wind nut along thread clean underneath where nut was.
Then Unwind track rod make sure you count the turns than wire brush again apply copper ease on rest of thread then Put new track rod end job done.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my sister's partner is looking to get a M3 very soon, and as a result his 56plate 335i SE is going.

I'm wondering how much I should offer him as I really want it, and i've had the pleasure of borrowing it for a good month and enjoyed every second I was in it.

As said its SE Spec, 56Plate, 96k Miles, 6Spd, Saloon, Idrive (Not working properly will come back to this) with Sat Nav, heated memory seats, Xenons and some other stuff.

Back to the IDrive, its come down with the dreaded CCC failure as a result most of the time you have no IDrive, only time you do is if the car has been left alone for a while IE overnight, where you have the pleasure of having the radio in your morning commute but nothing on when you come home.....And yes, I know how much it costs to get fixed :(

Besides from that, the car feels well put together, no mechanical faults from what I experienced when I had it and the power is addictive so I want it.

How much would be a reasonable offer for it?

Cheers.

Anyone? :(

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
8 grand as it's got an expensive fault, feel free for someone else to correct me :)

Way too high IMO, you can buy working ones for that

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409297795683/
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410148211849/
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201411028675124/
etc etc

Loads around :) Remember its only an SE on a 56 with nearly 100k

I'd want that broken car for £6k i think. The broken Idrive will put off 99% of buyers.

Don
Wow they have dropped in price, in that case I'm torn between a 335i convertible as my next car or investing some cash and getting an XKR (150) convertible. The petrol head says 4.2 v8 all day long, but decent MPG, and lots of money saving appeals to the almost non existent sensible side....whatcha reckon Jez?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The sensible argument doesnt work for me, i generally drive either a 5.4 supercharged V8 convertible or a 4.4 V8 full size 4x4 :p

I dont know the mileage requirement though.....XKR's are certainly pretty cool so i wouldnt think twice getting one over a little 3-series :)

Man of Honour
IMG_0480_zpsbc972447.jpg

Thoughts?

Tempted....

Soldato
I'd say no thanks as the deals on a brand new 640d make them cheaper than a new or used m3/4...that's why I've bought one and got it coming next week ;)

But the Sakhir Orange is also a much nicer colour than the Austin "puke" yellow ;)

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;27177031 said:
My thoughts are 'No thanks, can I have a used 650i or M6 instead'.

Oh **** OFFFFFFFF I need help, not other ideas!!!!

I spent HOURS in the dealer today and STILL can't conclude what I want, I just know I want something. We did numbers and they are all fine, trade in values, fine and looked at the entire stock. We configured new cars and STILL I left having not bought and believe me, I was at one point collecting the yellow on Sunday morning.

Having said that, mine is perfect now and having it serviced today (1100 quid!) and having a nail removed and a small rebalance to the front it clocked up 70K miles on the way home and feels better than it ever has and frankly looks as good as it did the day I bought it.

:(

That particular colour? I seem to remember you telling me when I bought my PY E46 that is was a "brave colour". I'd go for it if I were you.

That is what stopped me at the 11th hour. I am was sitting in it and was thinking, you're 47 with chins, this is for a 30 year old with stubble.

Soldato
That is what stopped me at the 11th hour. I am was sitting in it and was thinking, you're 47 with chins, this is for a 30 year old with stubble.

Was that just a reaction to the colour or to the car as a whole? I was sat in the M4 Coupe and vert in the dealer last weekend and my Mrs said I didn't suit them and I'm a few years younger than you...

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;27177138 said:
1100 quid service?! You got me worried now, what on earth was that?

Rear discs and pads were shot so had them replaced and added a fluid change too.

Was that just a reaction to the colour or to the car as a whole? I was sat in the M4 Coupe and vert in the dealer last weekend and my Mrs said I didn't suit them and I'm a few years younger than you...

There were 2 women in the showroom (mum and daughter) and both said it suited me, 1 said she hated the colour, 1 said she loved it. I think I am more inclined to an M5, but the tightness of the M4 (handling) is more my thing.

Caporegime
There were 2 women in the showroom (mum and daughter) and both said it suited me, 1 said she hated the colour, 1 said she loved it. I think I am more inclined to an M5, but the tightness of the M4 (handling) is more my thing.

I'm a "youthful" 43(!) yet I can't see myself in an M4 (or an M3 tbh) an M5 would be my pick all day long, although Fox's shout is sorely tempting*

*If only I could afford such steeds!

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom