Power to weight ratio of your car?

Soldato
Just worked mine out again after more weight saving (Roof lining, pillar trims, sound deadening and some more carpet gone.

mk6 Fiesta ST 192bhp = 184.9bhp/tonne

Hopefully ditching the AC and rear quarter glass after christmas so set to rise :D

Associate
Why on earth would you ditch the AC?! It'll make very little difference to the performance and make it uncomfortable in summer. Other places to save some kilos if you want to with less impact on the usability of the car surely.

Soldato
Have you felt how much an AC system weighs? There's 9kg just in the radiator and pump on the Fiesta and that's excluding pipework and other ancillaries. I also used the AC for about an hour in the past 2yrs so I won't miss it, we've got the mk7 Fiesta for long journeys and my ST only gets used for the 20minute trip to work :)

Caporegime
Why on earth would you ditch the AC?! It'll make very little difference to the performance and make it uncomfortable in summer. Other places to save some kilos if you want to with less impact on the usability of the car surely.

The guy has no interior at all so having air con is pretty pointless as it must be unbearable driving any sort of distance in it anyway!

Associate
Apparently, on high boost, my engine puts out 386HP. I`m not convinced but the dyno operator said so ! :eek:

Last time it was on the weighbridge is was 998kg, but I reckon it`s more like 1040kg now with the additional hardware going from ITB`s to Turbo. ie Manifold, Turbo, Intercooler etc.

MK2 Golf 16VT Road legal track car.

386HP / 1.05 Te = 367 HP/Ton :)

Man of Honour
Audi TT

545bhp. 1350kg (Does this weight have to be proven?) Im only guessing, but being conservative its between 1300- 1350kg.

403.7bhp/ Ton

You have GOT to share some of the mods and vids/pics of this beast! Never really been a fan of TTs (though I quite like the new shaped one and the TTRS) but this I could forgive!

Is it still numb/dull and uninspiring round corners?

Back
Top Bottom