*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
:o Not sure what model you have but when my GF called she was told the 32gb black was EOF and she could either take a full refund or a red 32gb device.

Aye.

My first replacement was a red 32gb because black wasnt available.

My second replacement was black 32gb.

Now I just kinda want my money back. I'm fed up.

Soldato
I'm on giffgaff (don't laugh it suits me) and use hangouts for SMS/MMS. I cannot send MMS with wi-fi on but they go when I turn it off. Is this right? If so it's a bit of a pain having to turn it off if I want to send pics to anyone.

Associate
They changed something in hangouts. You can't no longer send multiple recipient SMS messages. They send as MMS instead. My wife is on Giffgaff and no longer can send to multiple people as MMS options don't appear like they do on my phone.

In hangouts go to settings > SMS > access point names

Make sure Giffgaff is selected.

In regards to sending group messages there's lots of complaints at https://groups.google.com/a/googlep...forums.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I get away with just changing the digitizer or are they stuck together with the LCD?
I've never changed a screen before.

Is it worth getting the OEM parts? Weighing the options of doing it myself or claiming from bank phone insurance and paying the £50 excess..

Back
Top Bottom