Leasing and insurance.

Soldato
I hardly post on here but these comments irritate me.

Why are you so concerned about his financial information?

You have no idea what his situation is.

If he wants to lease a car he will lease a car.

It's because a lot of people here are really rather clever when it comes to purchasing/leasing cars and are trying to help people get the best deal in the long run. Unfortunately a lot of people stick the fingers in their ears and/or make posts like yours.

Caporegime
I hardly post on here but these comments irritate me.

Why are you so concerned about his financial information?

You have no idea what his situation is.

If he wants to lease a car he will lease a car.

Wtf? Overreaction much.

He doesn't want to put the car in his name as he is looking to re-mortgage. Fair enough, the cleaner he can make his credit look the better. But he's obviously asking questions about leasing in his wifes name, meaning hes not 100% happy with how that might work. So perhaps he could sort the re-mortgage out, and then lease the car in his name once thats done and not have to worry about any technicalities around putting the car in his wifes name?

You've obviously wrongly assumed I'm going down the "your too poor to lease a car" route, and spotted an opportunity to get on a high horse and be the internet hero. I don't know or care about his financial situation. I'm just suggesting he lease a car after sorting a re-mortgage.

Associate
OP
Wow, easy have you.
I can't get the same deal as I'm not direct family so I more likely wouldn't have even looked anywhere else for a lease.
It seems around £30-40 cheaper than what I could have got it myself so no brainer really.

And being an open forum, people are allow to reply and say what they want in reason so no harm done.

Permabanned
Wtf? Overreaction much.

He doesn't want to put the car in his name as he is looking to re-mortgage. Fair enough, the cleaner he can make his credit look the better. But he's obviously asking questions about leasing in his wifes name, meaning hes not 100% happy with how that might work. So perhaps he could sort the re-mortgage out, and then lease the car in his name once thats done and not have to worry about any technicalities around putting the car in his wifes name?

You've obviously wrongly assumed I'm going down the "your too poor to lease a car" route, and spotted an opportunity to get on a high horse and be the internet hero. I don't know or care about his financial situation. I'm just suggesting he lease a car after sorting a re-mortgage.

Too old to want to be an internet hero mate.

He is not asking for advice on his credit rating though. He is asking for advice on leasing a car. That was my point.

Was no overreaction either. I quite calmly pointed out he is not looking for financial advice on a motors forum.

Anyhoo, this will be my last post on this thread.

Soldato
Is that a ford privilege deal (employee friends & family)? If so, what dealer?

I can get the discount and an st for that price is a steal!

Associate
OP
It's within the Gates group so yes. To make things even better, the ST2 has been taken by another dealer but the wife has been upgraded to an ST3 for free. Will take a little long to arrive but not really bothered.

Back
Top Bottom