Why Rekt?

Soldato
#rekt

I adore the word to be honest, but I usually use it if someone just got shut down/destroyed after being an ass to everyone else.

Sometimes however, i do go into elitist troll mode for the humour of everyone crying/raging.

'git gud scrub u got rekd'

Most of the time I use GG. Especially if it's been a very hard-fought game. I did some PvP for the first time in years the other day in WoW, and at the end of the game said 'Good game lads', and some people were actually taken aback by someone not trash-talking :D (should that be trash-typing?)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have found it a lot in the new COD game. Not played one in a while and was playing the other day and just said "I see quick scoping is back"

The abuse I received was laughable

Soldato
I went from playing CS:GO comp with a proper team, to playing comp with randoms, with voice turned on, and I never literally never experienced such terrible behaviour.

Screaming kids, griefing that wrecks the entire round, general abuse, cheating..

Losing a 3 v 1 by the skin of your teeth then being vote kicked by the rest of your team.

The way people behave in online games basically made me give up games like CS.

Associate
I have to admit Rekt annoys me less than 'EZ'. It is just unnecessary, even when it was easy, half the time it wasn't so you know they are just trolling, but that about sums up half the internet.

Generally its best just to ignore them, their mums will call them for dinner at some point adn you can play in peace.

Soldato
Since when has there been respect in gaming? The anonymous of it all means people act like they wouldn't in person.

I'd be embarrassed to use any of this slang, in a game, in the privacy of my own home or out in public.

U mad bro?
Rekt
EZ

Is everyone 12?

That said I dunno why anyone would get upset, I simply shake my head at another lost soul.

It's up there with people who gamer profile names are all LiKe ThIs WhIcH is just an instant dislike from me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's up there with people who gamer profile names are all LiKe ThIs WhIcH is just an instant dislike from me.

What annoys me is when people change profile names every day. Over the past 10 years (or whenever the xbox first came out) I have changed once, it used to be Voorhees1979 but after playing the best games in the world it went to Witcher1979.

Associate
In any form of competition you'll get people taunting.

If a word like rekt bothers you then maybe you should take a look at yourself as to why you bother playing games.

yes you do, however in the team sport I play (ice hockey) you still shake hands after the game and thank them for the game. it's called sportsmanship. :o

Caporegime
Since when has there been respect in gaming?
I suppose that depends on whom you play with/against, and in what context. When I played competitive cs and then starcraft/2, it was always 'glhf' and 'gg'. Now I play casually, something like dota2 (which has an utterly awful "community") and it's all "ez mid" and insulting.

Caporegime
I do despair in the real world when such motifs are used with regular occurrence, the quick integration and disintegration of words in the eng(r)ish language could easily be a few PhD diplomas worth of documentation.

Back
Top Bottom