** NEW GIGABYTE ULTRAFORCE 9xx SERIES LAPTOPS!! **

Associate
This laptop is a monster, the only issue is that the CPU gets hot very quickly when gaming, most likely throttling at 90-92 degrees.

@ Atom, will it invalidate the warranty if I replace the thermal paste?

I am using a cooler but gaming performance is top notch, Alien isolation benchmark at 3k with everything turned on resulted in 52fps on average, 1080p is around 95fps.

Associate
You can check this thread
Repasting did a great job, and if you add a cooling pad and underclock slightly the CPU, it will stay around 80°C max it seems (more intense benchmarks are coming though).
You can also disable the CPU boost, to be sure it won't throttle. It seems it doesn't affect much the performance, especially while gaming, though it could be different with an intensive CPU game.

To sum up, the p35x does a very nice job cooling down the GPU, but definitely not the CPU (i7 4870).

Associate
Thanks for the reply, The Cryo 60 cooler does not seem to be effecting the temps that much in game but I have only played Alien Isolation.

I read that you can disable turbo boost by changing the maximum processor state in advanced power options, not sure what you have to change percentage to though as even 90% it was still hitting 90 degrees at 1080p

I really need to try more games, I want to install Rome 2 as that is CPU intensive, going to also try Kings bounty which should not push the laptop at all but if CPU still hits 90 degrees I would be concerned. I am happy to play games at 1080p

Is under clocking the CPU easy enough? I would rather leave re pasting as last resort.

Associate
You don't want to underclock, you want to UNDER VOLT it. An undervolt is when the CPU is operating at its normal frequencies but supplied with slightly less voltage so that there's less waste heat being produced, lowering temps at no sacrifice to performance. The rationale is that not all chips are equal and therefore don't necessarily need to conform to one standard voltage, which means as you tweak your undervolt, you'll quickly discover the 'true' voltage necessary for your specific CPU. The 'true' voltage in this case is the lowest voltage at which your CPU can operate at max performance without crashing. Your results will probably differ to another person with the exact same CPU.

I hope my understanding is correct. I've actually never done it before but intend to do it when I receive my new 970m/980m laptop (which I've yet to choose). I've just been learning as much as possible on various forums.

Associate
You don't want to underclock, you want to UNDER VOLT it. An undervolt is when the CPU is operating at its normal frequencies but supplied with slightly less voltage so that there's less waste heat being produced, lowering temps at no sacrifice to performance. The rationale is that not all chips are equal and therefore don't necessarily need to conform to one standard voltage, which means as you tweak your undervolt, you'll quickly discover the 'true' voltage necessary for your specific CPU. The 'true' voltage in this case is the lowest voltage at which your CPU can operate at max performance without crashing. Your results will probably differ to another person with the exact same CPU.

I hope my understanding is correct. I've actually never done it before but intend to do it when I receive my new 970m/980m laptop (which I've yet to choose). I've just been learning as much as possible on various forums.

Thanks for the precision, I thought undervolting the CPU lowered its performance ; )

Associate
No problem!

Atom, I am on the verge of placing a pre-order for the P35W v3.

Can you confirm if the screen is of the same quality as the P35X? I'm aware you've stated that across all P35 v3 models, there will be 'wide viewing angle' screens. My question is, do you have varying qualities of these 'wide viewing angle' screens? Screen quality is very important to me and it may influence whether I go with the P35W v3 or the P35X v3.

Soldato
I'm interested in getting the P35X CF1, but the price seems to have gone up over £100 from what the thread says, why is this?

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
No problem!

Atom, I am on the verge of placing a pre-order for the P35W v3.

Can you confirm if the screen is of the same quality as the P35X? I'm aware you've stated that across all P35 v3 models, there will be 'wide viewing angle' screens. My question is, do you have varying qualities of these 'wide viewing angle' screens? Screen quality is very important to me and it may influence whether I go with the P35W v3 or the P35X v3.

Screen is the same high quality on P35W and P35X :)

Thanks for your interest,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm interested in getting the P35X CF1, but the price seems to have gone up over £100 from what the thread says, why is this?

Hi yhack,

The price is not set by Gigabyte, we simply suggest the RRP.

This sku was a "special" exclusive built for OcUK and we only had limited quantity.

OcUK are obviously free to set the price based on the demand they see from end user. Also comparing to competitor products with similar spec will have a bearing on the price they decide to sell at.

I know there was very strong demand for these at the pre-order launch price and I guess these customers who committed early have received the best value.

We have more stock of similar sku landing in UK over the next week or so, OcUK will be receiving these also.

Hope that helps and you understand that as the manufacturer this is not under our control, but obviously we work in partnership with OCUK to ensure their customers are getting not only exclusive opportunities, but also good value.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
When will the P35X v3-CF2 be in stock? Is 14th November definitive?

Regards.

There has been a small delay with flying these over, but we expect delivery in about 1 weeks time.

Really sorry for this, but beyond our control

We are working hard to get stock as quick as possible as OCUK have many customer orders to fulfil already.

The more pre-orders that are placed, assists us with forecasting and preventing periods of no-stock, so please do place orders to help us supply consistently.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
This laptop is a monster, the only issue is that the CPU gets hot very quickly when gaming, most likely throttling at 90-92 degrees.

@ Atom, will it invalidate the warranty if I replace the thermal paste?

I am using a cooler but gaming performance is top notch, Alien isolation benchmark at 3k with everything turned on resulted in 52fps on average, 1080p is around 95fps.

Hi,

We are happy for you to make tweaks and adjustments without voiding our 2 year global warranty.

Just ensure that you don't cause "customer induced damage" as this will invalidate warranty. So, as long as you are confident to perform task without damaging the product then go ahead:)

Hope that helps,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80, sorry to pester.

Any ETA on the P35W CF1?

Thanks!

I would also like to know this. The ETA on overclockers is 'overdue'.

Hi All,

We are hoping that the P35W will leave factory this week, and be with OCUK next week. As always we are in the lap of the Gods, and customs,,,, so we cant be 100% sure when goods will arrive, just 100% sure when goods leave the factory.

We will update forums when we can.

Thanks and sorry goods haven't arrived already.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Guys,

Update from factory, the first shipment of LT-029-GI (P35X v3-CF2)

GIGABYTE P35X v3-CF2 (Ultraforce), 15.6" FHD Anti-Glare, Wide Viewing Angle, Intel Core i7-4710HQ, 8GB DDR3L, 128GB mSSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, NVIDIA GTX980M 8GB GDDR5 - Windows 8.1

£1,599

LEFT FACTORY TODAY. EXPECT STOCK READY FOR DELIVERY EARLY NEXT WEEK.

LIMITED NUMBERS so don't delay, place your pre-order today....

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
When will the P35X v3-CF2 be in stock? Is 14th November definitive?

Regards.

Hi delfang,

Just in case u missed the post, re-posting in case you receive alerts;)

Update from factory, the first shipment of LT-029-GI (P35X v3-CF2)

GIGABYTE P35X v3-CF2 (Ultraforce), 15.6" FHD Anti-Glare, Wide Viewing Angle, Intel Core i7-4710HQ, 8GB DDR3L, 128GB mSSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, NVIDIA GTX980M 8GB GDDR5 - Windows 8.1

£1,599

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi delfang,

Just in case u missed the post, re-posting in case you receive alerts;)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thank you.

I've already pre-ordereded mine from elsewhere 2 weeks ago (couldn't get the finance to work on OCUK at the time for some reason) and they had due day of 17th, but they do not have a forum with awesome guy like you.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thank you.

I've already pre-ordereded mine from elsewhere 2 weeks ago (couldn't get the finance to work on OCUK at the time for some reason) and they had due day of 17th, but they do not have a forum with awesome guy like you.

Ahh OK, that's sweet. I only commented on here about ETA to OCUK,,, other re-sellers may be a bit longer.

In fact I have just checked and UK distribution stock that will be spread throughout our re-seller partners has also shipped, so fingers crossed for next week :)

Hope you get yours very soon!

Thanks,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Literally about to click buy on the P35X but heard they have overheating issues.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks.

From what I have read, its the CPU that can be a tad hot but re-pasting and undervolting can alleviate these issues.

Probably not the first thing you want to do on a new 1.5k+ laptop though :p

Back
Top Bottom