OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Welcome fellow manlet!
With a decent diet and weight lifting routine such as stronglifts 5x5 you could make some decent changes, you're not carrying masses of fat you just don't seem to be carrying a great deal of lean mass either which will make you appear fatter than you are if that makes sense.
I'm in the middle of trying to get rid of some fat at the minute and I'm around 212lb and 5'6 but my lean mass saves me from looking like a complete butter ball.

Associate
Stronglifts for you mate! Firms and builds muscle, intense exercise helps you burn fat, either way and preferably both its a winner.

Once you'ce shaved your belly and lost the gold chain you'll look like an adonis as well!

Man of Honour
Almost certainly due to your blood sugar levels dropping which is effected by poor diet, if you stick a post up in the gym rats thread someone will give you some pointers on your diet.

Caporegime
Few from last month I think

IMG_20140922_145804_zpso1z3nap_edit_1412887288587_zps8fwktilp.jpg

IMG_20140917_115427_zpskolbpli_edit_1412887236385_zpskazhk0di.jpg

Associate
Awful photos but this my progress following a PHAT routine for the last 2 months. I was planning on continuing the routine along with my bulk until the lifts stall and reevaluate from there.

progress_web.jpg

Man of Honour
I thought I'd post my 6 month story. After a good 3 month start progress has slowed for the last 3 months but I gather that's to be expected, especially considering my age too. This is a lifestyle change to stay fit and healthy rather than expecting amazing overnight transformation.

I'm still keeping to the basics... squats, deadlifts, dips, pullups, barbell rows, chest press, shoulder press with free weights at home and a real improvement in diet.

EDIT: The few hunderd pounds I spent on weights and a bench in summer was one of the best things I ever did.

Start point - June 2014
5YEPJwW.jpg

3 months in - September 2014
bLjU28O.png

6 months in - December 2014
YLycKKu.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
looking at this thread makes me want to get into shape.
i am 35 years old and weighing 172lb.
5ft 5" tall so a wee lad :)

im guessing i need to shred some weight ?
bit of a gut and those chins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAuARgqS6aQ

Check that out mate. Getting lean is pretty easy once you know how (i.e calories in vs calories out/macros etc) but strength and size isn't easy but any half time gym goer will look better than 95% of the population with a little consistent effort!

35 still young imo so get started!

Man of Honour
That's a tremendous transformation :) Really great stuff - a sensible attitude of not expecting immediate everything has paid. Brief outline of your routine?

Thanks, very much appreciated. My routine is spread across two sessions because of where I can fit my equipment. So CF415 squat rack/dip station and barbell in the garage, and the bench and dumbbells in the house. I workout every other day and alternate between the following sessions. So session 1, rest day, session 2, rest day, then back to session 1. I used to do a strict 5x5 but try to mix it up a little now.

Session 1 - Garage - barbell work
Squats 5x5
Dips 5x20
Deadlift 5x5
Bent over barbell row 3x10 or 5x5 depending on weight
Barbell bicep curl 3x10 if I have time
Standing overhead barbell shoulder press 3x10 or 5x5 depending on weight

Session 2 - House - bench and dumbbell work
Pull ups 5x10
Flat bench dumbbell chest press 5x5 or 5x8 depending on weight
One armed dumbbell rows 5x5
Sit ups or hanging leg raises
Dumbbell chest fly 3x10 but often skip this if no time
Dumbbell bicep curl 3x10 if I have time
Seated dumbbell shoulder press 3x10 or 5x5 depending on weight

I'm probably doing a lot wrong there but I'm constrained by where I can fit the bench and rack and also end up doing it at odd times like midnight when the family are all in bed. I used to do a lot of extra little exercises like triceps but now leave them out and try to concentrate on the compound exercises instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just shows what compound movements can do - none of this isolation machine nonsense!! The CF415 is a wonderful bit of kit - such value for money.

I'm guessing around 60s rest between sets, otherwise you'd be there all night?!

Soldato
I thought I'd post my 6 month story. After a good 3 month start progress has slowed for the last 3 months but I gather that's to be expected, especially considering my age too. This is a lifestyle change to stay fit and healthy rather than expecting amazing overnight transformation.

I'm still keeping to the basics... squats, deadlifts, dips, pullups, barbell rows, chest press, shoulder press with free weights at home and a real improvement in diet.

EDIT: The few hunderd pounds I spent on weights and a bench in summer was one of the best things I ever did.
Start point - June 2014
5YEPJwW.jpg

3 months in - September 2014
bLjU28O.png

6 months in - December 2014
YLycKKu.jpg

Awesome transformation in such a short period of time. What was your diet like?

Back
Top Bottom