Christmas rituals

Soldato
I was discussing this with someone recently, as in, the things you do each year for Christmas.

One that has sort of stuck for me as of late is I prepare all the food after breakfast and have taken to enjoying a large glass of single malt whiskey as I do it. Then once the food is done, I take my whiskey to the other room and enjoy a nice cuban cigar.

What do you lot do?

Soldato
Always put the tree up listening to South Parks Xmas album whilst drinking White Grape Shloer.

And always have one present to open Xmas Eve, it's always new pyjamas :D

Soldato
Growing up, we always had to be fully dressed and breakfast eaten before being allowed to open any presents under the tree. Something I still insist on.
Morning cocktails are Margaritas. I don't know why, but that's tradition!

Ha! I think that's a little outside the £15 limit. :p

Suggested limit ;). I too like whisky and cigars....

Soldato
OP
Growing up, we always had to be fully dressed and breakfast eaten before being allowed to open any presents under the tree. Something I still insist on.
Morning cocktails are Margaritas. I don't know why, but that's tradition!

Suggested limit ;). I too like whisky and cigars....

I like that, it brings a little civilisation to the whole affair. My girlfriend's family tradition, which I guess has now become ours, is having freshly made sausage rolls for breakfast. Which, to be honest, I don't offer any complaints. I like making them and I like eating them!

Soldato
My family usually bang out the Bellini's straight off the mark. I usually have a Galliano or many. Any Holiday period is spent with a horrific number of bevs.

Soldato
OP
Lot's of food and lots of wine. First to pass out gets tied to the fir tree on the east lawn until they wake up.

How cruel! When my guests pass out after a little too much Dom Perignon, I prefer to use the west lawn as at least they get the warmth of the setting sun.

Soldato
Generally it's always been ...

Stocking presents first thing Christmas morning followed by breakfast (croissants). Then during the morning everyone other than me goes off to church for the Christmas morning service. Whilst they are there I sort out the under Christmas tree presents into piles for each person and then we open them all when they get back before lunch.

Soldato
well I pretty much do exactly the same every Christmas so I guess it's tradition now. The follow is what never changes.....

Christmas Eve - Chinese Takeaway, lots of alcohol and a film

Christmas Day

Terrys Chocolate Orange and Bottle of Beer whilst opening the presents after we all wake up (an old office tradition we came up with about 15 years ago)

Full English Breakfast (2 x bacon, 2 x sausage, 1 x fried egg, pile of scrambled eggs, beans, mushrooms, black pudding, hash brown, tomatoes, 2 x toast) with champagne

Mince Pie and various chocolates mid morning (usually those shell things) - arguing about who forgot the batteries for the kids new toys

Christmas Dinner is at one of the parents houses (prawn cocktail, turkey, Christmas pudding with tons of whipped cream, cheese and biscuits, chocolates, wine) - Sherry, followed by a few vodka and cokes

Christmas Supper is usually turkey/stuffing rolls with either trifle or Christmas cake, followed by a good few vodka and cokes

When we get back to our house I usually stick band of brothers on for some reason and start picking at the quality streets. This is after I have spent ages taking all the kids presents out of the car boot

Late Christmas night I have a quick go on the xbox

Boxing Day is spent at someones house, always turkey curry for dinner

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom