Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Still no sign of my little dude. He's been gone for nearly two days now so am starting to think the worst. I spent most of the evening when I got back from work out looking for him but couldn't see or hear anything. It's weird because he never goes more than 3 houses in either direction and I doubt he's been hit by a car as he's terrified of them and the road! He won't even go around the front of the house, even if I'm carrying him as he sprints back in at the first sound of a car.

I'm going to print some posters today to stick up around the area and post through peoples doors when I get back from work. Going to be absolutely devastated if he doesn't show up! :(

I had a cat do that to me, disappeared for a couple of days then wandered in without a care in the world. But I do understand your worry. Hope all goes well.

Associate
I had a cat do that to me, disappeared for a couple of days then wandered in without a care in the world. But I do understand your worry. Hope all goes well.
My cat also vanished for almost three days a couple of years back. It was completely out of character for him, he's usually only outside for half an hour before he comes back due to him being a lazy wimp that hates the cold weather. :D

After two days I lost all hope and feared the worst, I was in bits if I'm honest. He then popped up at the back door like nothing had happened, walked in, gave me a meow and went to sleep in front of the fire! He's done nothing like it before or since and I've had him nearly 6 years now. I still have no idea where he got to for those three days, I can only guess that he probably got shut in somebody's garage or shed.

Best of luck finding your cat Street. I appreciate how worrying it is but don't give up all hope yet! My best mates cat vanished for almost 4 weeks before turning up :eek:

Don
My cat will leave for sometimes 2-3 weeks, he was feral when he adopted me (definitely that way round) so is an awesome mouser, he comes back when he has had enough of living rough and fancies a life of luxury for a few days.

tough life being a cat eh?! :D

Soldato
My cat will leave for sometimes 2-3 weeks, he was feral when he adopted me (definitely that way round) so is an awesome mouser, he comes back when he has had enough of living rough and fancies a life of luxury for a few days.

tough life being a cat eh?! :D

I had a black that would missing go for weeks. You would probably say that he probably lived with someone else except he hated people. The only person he tolerated was me, he hated my better half and would lash out if she happened to pass the chair he was lying on. He also came back from these wandering pretty beat up with obvious signs of fighting yet he laughed at his injuries. Had bits missing from his ears and tail. An odd cat. Got run over, I was really sad to see him go even if as a pet he was pretty crap.

Don
Tilly looking grumpy :p

10687135_999595636720890_1542052940099346187_n.jpg

Associate
Guys, need some advice.

Peanut hates the vets, so much so that last week we took her for her booster shots and she went mad, started hissing, growling the lot. The Vet wasn't much use and got scared so we booked her in for the following Saturday.

So yesterday we took her and she was such a pain that they had to put her in this cage and give her the shot. Once we got her back she had pee'd herself and her carrier and got her home where she was panting for something like 10mins solid.

She's not been great since, having slowly become like her old self again but is there any advice that can help? Today we have also noticed her eye watering a bit as well which has never happened before.

She's great at home and ok around other people but since one bad visit to the vets when she was younger she now hates going there. We have tried and still have felliway, treats, taking her for mock runs in her carrier etc... At a loss on what we do next as I have never seen her so stressed...

Soldato
Have you tried to have a home visit by the vets? It may cost more, not sure as my boys are fine with the vets thank god but if she is happy in her home then maybe a home visit is the answer. Not sure if it's possible but can't see why not tbh.

Soldato
The thing that normally gets the cat frantic is not the actual vet but the experience leading up to the vet. You can combat this in a number of ways.

First of all get your cat to associate the cat carrier with safety. Leave the carrier out in the house. Put it next to a radiator. Place a blanket in there with treats. Make it an everyday place for her and make it familiar. Secondly, get the cat used to the car. Offer your cat to the car when it goes outside. Let it investigate the car in its own time, and climb back out on its own accord (or sleep in there if you're lucky!). Make the whole experience regular for her.

Lastly, go to a vet that takes time to befriend your cat. A vet should know they must make a pet feel comfortable, just like a nurse would a human patient. Rapport goes a long way with the cat. If your vet isn't doing this I'd look elsewhere as they clearly see your pet as just numbers in and out.

All basics you probably already know, but it's easy to overlook them.

Soldato
Still no sign of my little dude. He's been gone for nearly two days now so am starting to think the worst. I spent most of the evening when I got back from work out looking for him but couldn't see or hear anything. It's weird because he never goes more than 3 houses in either direction and I doubt he's been hit by a car as he's terrified of them and the road! He won't even go around the front of the house, even if I'm carrying him as he sprints back in at the first sound of a car.

I'm going to print some posters today to stick up around the area and post through peoples doors when I get back from work. Going to be absolutely devastated if he doesn't show up! :(

Any sign of the little fella?

Back
Top Bottom