*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Cool. Is there an idiots guide?

Yep...

Get a copy of WUG's Nexus Root Toolkit (it does more than just ROOT)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/orig-development/toolkit-wugs-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-8-2-t2015469

Follow that thread... but here's my quick simple way I did it!!... :)

I just connected the tablet, fired up WUG and accepted all the updates, re-selected the device and software revision (make sure you select Android 5.0), again accept the download (if it wants one).

Make sure (on the tablet) you have Developer Settings turned on, and USB Debugging selected.

Then hit 'Flash Stock + Unroot' (make sure you mark 'Device is On/Normal')... Select 'Download and install' then just let it do it's business...

Mine, on re-boot, was taking ages, so I rebooted it again and it cam up (after 5 minutes) and asked me to set up and log in... Restored the Google Backup from that morning (even Widget positions!!).

Then I Rooted...

It does feel a little faster than on KitKat, but I've now got to set up all my 'other' emails and accounts!! :D

Associate
Soldato
Yep! I'm on Win8.1 Pro 64bit... have you made sure USB Debugging is switched on??

I did have to download the latest Android SDK manager a few weeks ago and make sure the 'Android Device' in the Device manager was loading the correct driver (from within the SDK package) at one point it said 'ASUS ADB Composite Device' which fudged it! With the correct Driver it should only say 'Android Composite ADB Interface'

Both my Nexus 4 (now replaced with my Lumia 830) and Nexus 7 (2012) connected no problems then!!

Associate
Yep! I'm on Win8.1 Pro 64bit... have you made sure USB Debugging is switched on??

I did have to download the latest Android SDK manager a few weeks ago and make sure the 'Android Device' in the Device manager was loading the correct driver (from within the SDK package) at one point it said 'ASUS ADB Composite Device' which fudged it! With the correct Driver it should only say 'Android Composite ADB Interface'

Both my Nexus 4 (now replaced with my Lumia 830) and Nexus 7 (2012) connected no problems then!!

Ta, will give that a go. :) yes I had debugging switched on.

Associate

Worked like a treat after downloading sdk manager! Many thanks!

Soldato
I got my over the air Lollipop update last night. This is on a 2012 Nexus 7 32GB

Update went well, but not had a chance to play with it. Took ages to install though.

I'm thinking of factory resetting it tomorrow and setting up again from scratch, minus the kids many downloaded games....

Soldato
Simian said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak

Worked like a treat after downloading sdk manager! Many thanks!

Yeah! for some reason Windows 8.1 loads a different driver, that doesn't quite work!!

Glad it worked!!

Now get some Lollipop goodness on there Pronto!!

I use one of the drivers in wug

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Back
Top Bottom