Assetto Corsa

Associate
damn this game is going to cost me money!

been reading the threads and development with interest and now checking ebay for a killer deal on a wheel. Until then I am stuck with videos as refuse to play on a pad.

Now G27 or T500 (put off by the fixed paddles and wouldnt mind a seperate shifter). Currently looking at a few seat setups so hopefully be up and running in a week or so with an empty wallet :)

How do you seasoned sim racers find it compared to Race07/GTR? They were my games of choice about 5 or 6 years ago and although not the best I was decent enough in a few private leagues

Man of Honour
In the last 3 months I've bought triple screens and a set of Club Sport Pedals, as well as a full PC upgrade.

Total spend over £1600. Plus the T500 with the 458 rim and TH8 shifter I already had.

PC gaming is expensive.

PC sim racing is in another league.

Obutto Revolution is next on the shopping list.

Associate
I know the feeling, 1400 on pc/screen etc and probs another £350 on sim stuff (for starters)

I wouldn't have it any other way tbh although I wish I had gone triple 24's now instead of 1 x 27"... oh well 3 27's will be sweet :D

Associate
In the last 3 months I've bought triple screens and a set of Club Sport Pedals, as well as a full PC upgrade.

Total spend over £1600. Plus the T500 with the 458 rim and TH8 shifter I already had.

PC gaming is expensive.

PC sim racing is in another league.

Obutto Revolution is next on the shopping list.

Was thinking of going for tipples to!! what screens did you get and how you finding using triple screens?

Man of Honour
I bought 3 Asus VN247H 24" monitors, not massively expensive. £500 and came with a free triple screen stand.

As far as racing goes then I could never go back to a single screen. It give you far more spacial information regarding other cars and being able to see more of the track while driving.

I'd say that once you've got a decent wheel and pedal set, triple screens arr the next most important investment.

Soldato
I was in the Cobra using my Rift, hit a bank from skidding out on a corner, and as the car tilted on the bank I adjusted my body and head so I didn't fall out the car.. >.<

Man of Honour
The problem with VR headsets at the moment is they don't have the image quality.

From what people have said so far is the immersion is superb but image quality effects braking points and therefore they tend to be slower.

I don't know how much the Rift is but when 3 screens can cost as little as £300 then there's an argument for either.

Soldato
Total price I paid for my Oculus Rift DK2 was £286.48. Yes, the image quality could be better but you stop noticing when you can do things like stick your head out the car window, look down at gears moving, look behind you and admire the cars badge and the stitching on the seat etc.

Richard Burns rally is fantastic on DK2, as is Assetto Corsa. No triple monitor display gives you head tracking and puts you inside the car / game

Soldato
You dont move side to side in a car so no disorientation. Some games are worse than others. E.g. quake is excellent but half life 2 causes me some disorientation as do roller some coaster simulators.
Racing games and generally any game you are sat still work great.

Back
Top Bottom