ASUS X99 DELUXE & USB Ports

Soldato
hi guys

Never noticed before but cannot get any devices to be recognized from the two USB3.0 ports closest to the wifi port on rear or number 9 on page 2-15

any Ideas as all USB are anabled in the bios and have latest drivers and bios etc

Last edited:
Soldato
I have had a few issues with the USB ports, they work ok most of the time but sometimes they go a bit mad and I have to change things around. I don’t know if it’s the Mainboard or the Corsair keyboard as it started about the time I got the keyboard but also updated the BIOS to 904. I am on 1004 now and that did not fix it. Just tried a USB 3 drive in the bottom port and it worked ok.

Soldato
My keyboard has done that once as the demo mode kicked in and typing did not work, cannot remember which port it was in though. Also don’t know which ports are Intel or Asmedia? I would try re-installing the USB drivers. Have you installed the Asus Ai USB stuff, It might be that?

Soldato
OP
I only noticed tonight when I turned my pc on and my mouse did not work so moved it to another USB port, I have all the AI suite stuff installed so still not sure what's up

Soldato
I put the mouse in the port with a green rectangle around it, think that and the one to the right of it are USB 2. I have had to mess about changing ports a few times so I uninstalled the Asus Ai USB stuff and it’s been ok for the last few weeks.

Associate
hi guys

Never noticed before but cannot get any devices to be recognized from the two USB3.0 ports closest to the wifi port on rear or number 9 on page 2-15

any Ideas as all USB are anabled in the bios and have latest drivers and bios etc

I had this issue too where some of the USB 3.0 ports didn't detect my card reader and portable hard drives, and the XHCI was set to enabled in BIOS. I rebooted, went to UEFI and changed it to Smart Auto or something and now all the ports are working. Don't know if its that settings, but the USBs do get weird sometimes.

Associate
I have the same issue with my X99-S. So I tried to enter the USB Configuration in the Bios, and disable every settings in there including xHCI, eHCI,etc... after that the keyboard seemed a little mad randomly so I installed the latest driver from Asus.com and now everything is working correctly. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom