• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Giagbyte G1 GTX970 not perfoming as it should in Farcry 4

Associate
Why settle for locked 60 FPS though when your card can do better? Mine will go far beyond that on 1080p I have Vsync off, not touched Nvidia control panel or Adv settings.

I have read that tearing can be issue but I have not seen any of this, possibly because whenever I start the game it runs in a Window so I have to ALT + ENTER each time which could cure the tearing (who knows).

Soldato
I've also modified my gamerprofile file but I didn't change the mip loading thingy as it kinda messes up the textures. You can also increase the number of pre-buffered frames to 3 in the nvidia control panel, that also helps a fair bit. Anyways, the game ran like a nightmare when I launched it for the first time and it's still not ideal.

I've not noticed any textures messed up but I'll keep an eye out and revert it back if I see it. Will also try the pre buffered frames in control panel. Cheers.

Why settle for locked 60 FPS though when your card can do better? Mine will go far beyond that on 1080p I have Vsync off, not touched Nvidia control panel or Adv settings.

I have read that tearing can be issue but I have not seen any of this, possibly because whenever I start the game it runs in a Window so I have to ALT + ENTER each time which could cure the tearing (who knows).

I use v sync in every game I play as I absolutely hate screen tearing. Tried it with it off and it actually felt smoother with it on for me. V sync seems to split opinion, I always use it.

Soldato

The framerate has to be in sync with your monitor's refresh rate. If it's not, you're bound to get screen tearing. It can be really bad or relatively minor depending on the game but I absolutely hate it. Besides, forcing your GPU to push more frames than your monitor can hande won't make any tangible performance difference so there's just no point in doing it.

Back
Top Bottom