*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
I'm calling later to do the same thing - ditch the sports (now that F1 has finished) and movies as i don't have time to watch them.

Should save at least £30/35 a month - down to basic package as it's mainly the kids that watch their channels

I've gone from £113.50 to ~£50. Yes I could get it cheaper, but I don't want to be tied in for 12 months.

Watching 10 races on nowtv with £3.50 passes of ebay, works out much cheaper.

Soldato
Cancelled movies and sports for now - just general saving of those cancellations.

At least I've gone from £110 a month or so (full hd package with phone and broadband etc) down to around £65 now I've ditched sports and movies.

No other offers at the moment since I already have discounted line rental/multiroom etc. Guy told me to call back in the new year to find out other discounts.

I could have got/kept sports & movies and he was happy to give me 50% off but I wanted to get outgoings down to the minimum and not be tied in for another 12 months.

Soldato
What's the best thing for moving house? I want to stick with Sky ideally but our bill is currently £70 a month and it's too much. I'm with BT broadband, and I want to cancel that too, so maybe they can offer me a deal?

tell them your moving everything to BT at your new house (moving far away phil?)

Tell them you've been offered a great deal (do a bit of BT research) and go from there

Associate
I've just cancelled also TV an phone line and Internet they offered me £50+ bill down to £37 I said nope

Will be getting cut off on the 18dec will be quite novel being with out broadband

Associate
Wondering what the best way to do this is.

I've made a spreadsheet and the cheapest way, that I can see, is for me to cancel the sky package we have and take it out in my name using a F&F code that I have. Atm, we also have broadband and phone line with sky.

I'll be looking to cancel sky and have the new installation etc booked in for the same day but unsure how to work the bb and phone line. Do I need to pay any new connection fees or even a new line and I am assuming we can keep the same number? I've also seen that quidco do £30 cashback for adding on unlimited internet which I'll be looking to get back too if possible.

Cheers.

Caporegime
In order to get it to work correctly you will need to cancel the Talk and Broadband completely which could mean being without both for up to two weeks along with a new telephone number.

Soldato
Well after 6 years away I'm back with Sky for TV.
Keeping my 152mb Virgin BB, at £37 per month, & TV with sky for £23 pm.
A net saving of £21 pm on my old virgin contract.

Add to that £110 cashback & £50 account credit, I'm fairly happy with the deal.

Soldato
So im thinking about ditching Sky in favour of Netflix. I did the trial last night and all worked fine with the US but it never streams in HD unless I force the settings with the keyboard command. Any ideas?

Im on Fibre Unlimted with Sky and have no problem with streaming 1080p stuff normally.

Soldato
Sky phoned today to entice us back to them. 60% off the full package + HD + Multi = £39pm for 12 months. + £100 credit on our account.

Trouble is we're with Virgin and are only 6 months into an 18 month contract. Of which we paid up front for the sky sports season ticket. Which we pau £74pm but this will go up to 105 once the season ticket runs out. We've full package for everything.

We could drop to the basic package but not sure what the price will be. I need to phone Virgin to check.

Soldato
Sky phoned today to entice us back to them. 60% off the full package + HD + Multi = £39pm for 12 months. + £100 credit on our account.

Trouble is we're with Virgin and are only 6 months into an 18 month contract. Of which we paid up front for the sky sports season ticket. Which we pau £74pm but this will go up to 105 once the season ticket runs out. We've full package for everything.

We could drop to the basic package but not sure what the price will be. I need to phone Virgin to check.

Have you had your letter informing you that Virgins prices are going up in Feburary?
If so, you have until 31st December to cancel due to the price increase.

Soldato
As expected, I got a call after a few days. I was paying roughly £32 a month on the half price offer. Having refused to pay £64 and cancelled, they have offered just over £34 a month for the same package, £50 credit and no contract.
Cancellation cancelled.

Soldato
I just re signed for sky with 50% off by using there I am a virgin media customer page.

I am not a virgin media customer, I am a sky customer in my other halfs name which expires next month. So i will cancel when its due. I have taken it out with around 3 weeks overlap from install date but its worth it incase they change the offers.

to begin with I put my name in and it asked me to call them suggesting i had already been a sky customer.. I then just put a random name in and my bank account details and it went straight through with 50% off.

happy days.

So Sky installed today, thank you very much. Cant even get virgin in my area yet received 50% from my bill

Back
Top Bottom