• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Galax 970 GTX loud fans advice needed

Associate
Hello,
I am happy with my current build, it was near silent until dragon age inquisition came out

Card temps are hitting 70+ only on this game and the fans seem to go into full 100% mode, what can I do beyond lowering settings on the game.

Case corsair 750
MB Gigabyte G5
intel 4970k
16gb DDR 3
Windows 7 64 bit
Galax 970

Case temps are good and all drivers are updated.

Soldato
Are you monitoring the fans, etc? If not then use msi afterburner to check if they fans a really 100%. Some of the reference design cards with blowers are usually quite loud even at 80% fan speed.

The temp is not too bad for that card. My Galax EXOC black edition hits 65C in games and 70C in some tests such as furmark.

Associate
Those temps seem really high?.

What are your general case temps like?

I'm running the Galax 980 and it's only hitting about 55c in Dragon Age with the fans turned down to 33%?

Soldato
IIRC the was a similar thread on here a while back and it turned out to be the cooler not seated properly because part of the fan shroud was resting on the DVI port thus pulling the heatsink away from the GPU.

Check that.

Soldato
What version of the 970 is it? Is it the bog standard blower fan or the Ex OC version? I imagine the blower fan isn't particularly great at keeping things cool or quiet.

Associate
OP
Okay sorry for reply to take so long after much poking and testing it seems that it is a false alarm, at least to do with the card it is never going above its base speed in games.

What is causing the sound is my H100i corsair cooler so I will repost my problem in cooling section, seems as soon as my cpu hits 35c the dual fans on the block go a little mental.

Sorry for the mistake.

Back
Top Bottom