• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

spec me a gpu for csgo? :D

Soldato
cpu: q6600
ram: 4GB ddr2

A friend has my specs and a 750ti, and runs csgo fabulously... How much less can I spend without losing too much performance relative to him? I'm happy to play in 800x600 etc.

Soldato
OP
Does your motherboard have on board video? If it does, give it a whirl first to see how it handles it.

It doesn't, but I'm using some old GPU and the performance is pretty terrible. cs:source runs brilliantly as it's heavily CPU-dependant, but csgo isn't the same apparently.

Caporegime
It doesn't, but I'm using some old GPU and the performance is pretty terrible. cs:source runs brilliantly as it's heavily CPU-dependant, but csgo isn't the same apparently.

Well, although I have CS:GO, I rarely play it. However, for that kind of resolution, I would have thought something very, very cheap would be fine. A card roughly comparable to the 750ti would be something like an R7 260, though you may be able to get away with something like a R7 250 / 240. You could always visit the pc games sub forum and hop on the CSGO thread and ask there. The folk there will be able to advise you better than I can.

Soldato
I think any £50 GPU, new or SH, can handle CS:GO easily at 800x600. I've ran at at 1280x1024 with a 9600GT and min FPS was 60.

Associate
I seem to remember the 650ti being faster than the 750ti. Try to find one of those, or even a hd 7850

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom