Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Yeah. Would be an amazing day. Back then we drove the Clio Cup Race Car, Jag XKR, Caterham, Land Rover, Go Kart and a couple of open wheelers!

But back on topic lol

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Thinking about taking part in one of those Porsch Experience Days over at Silverstone.

Have any of you taken part in this. If so what cars did you drive and how would you rate the overall experience?

I was at my Porsche Experience day last Monday. However, mine was free with the car. I had a afternoon session which you normally arrive around 12, once you are all checked in you are free to look around all the cars they have on display and they are all unlocked so you can sit in them press buttons etc... Then from 12:30 - 1:30 I had dinner (which was lovely) and the driving instructor comes over and discusses over lunch what you want to learn from the afternoon session. After lunch you are given a tour of the Porsche Experience center and then given the normal safety briefing. Once that's all complete you meet with you instructor for the day and then hit the track.

In my case I had a Cayman GTS with Sports Chassis, PDK, standard brakes and Sports Seats first, next up was a Cayman S with standard brakes, PASM, PDK and Sports seats and lastly was a Cayman S with PCCB, Manual, Buckets and PASM.

We started with some track work to understand more about the car and then as I wanted to compare the cars back to back with the various options and then I was aloud to take the car out of Silverstone and test it on the motorway and then country lanes. So I done that in all 3 cars, which helped me make my final options choice.

Once that was done we jumped back into the GTS and done a bit more track work and kick plate work and to finish the day off the instructor took me around in the car to see what it was really capable of. :eek:

I was also in the cars for quiet a while, we first hit the track at around 1:30 ish and then finally came back in at around 4:30 / 5 ish.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it would really recommend it. I am trying to haggle with my OPC at the moment for a full days training once the cars arrived ;)

So this was my finial spec of my GTS which was submitted to Germany on Monday, I currently have a build date around the end of January, so its not long to go now. :D:eek::cool:

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Really wonder whats going wrong in this video then... :o

Additional 100+ horsepower
Cup 2 tyres
Firmer suspension

Are against the GT3, when I was Oulton Park in very wet conditions in my 911 is was passing the GT3 boys as were the other Carrera and Cayman guys.

Semi slick tyre like the Corsa I had not a good combination for wet/cold, mine was absolutely useless and just like the one in that video on the Corsa tyres unless driven very smoothly.

Here I am in the wet and I'm on Michelin cups which are completely wrong tyre but I know my car limits and how to drive:

My mate in his EVO 8 FQ-400 was on rain sports, at a previous track day at Donnington in the dry I destroyed him, so he was confident in such wet conditions he get his revenge. Yet me in my less powerful rear wheel drive car eventually passed him and pulled away.

911's are superb in the wet! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Strange. Jethro was able to handle the 458 (with the same cup 2 tyres) in the soaking wet. I mean it was chucking it down. And he wasn't breaking a sweat

the shields?

its saying there is still 10+ in stock!

i got mine at 9.05 this morning!

Harris drove both the 458 and GT3. Oth on same day in wet conditions and the GT3 was less trying to kill him. Both were on cup 2's

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Nice. How much is the Cayman costing you and what car are you coming from?

I've never driven a Porsche (on the road)... Have always admired them from a far!

Its costing a small fortune to be honest but its spec'ed for how I want it, as I will have it for a while, well till I can stash enough away for a 991 GT3. I did find out today, that I need to have a tracker installed on it due to the value and it being a insurance requirement. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
[RXP]Andy;27304210 said:
Its costing a small fortune to be honest but its spec'ed for how I want it, as I will have it for a while, well till I can stash enough away for a 991 GT3. I did find out today, that I need to have a tracker installed on it due to the value and it being a insurance requirement. :eek:

IS the VTS system not standard now?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
IS the VTS system not standard now?

That's the werid thing, if you look on the Porsche site it says it's a optional extra but when you go to order the car the option isn't listed. So I've just paid for my dealer to fit a Porsche approved one for me which I believe is the same Cobra unit.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;27304210 said:

I see.

Can wait to see pics of it!

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;27305072 said:
That's the werid thing, if you look on the Porsche site it says it's a optional extra but when you go to order the car the option isn't listed. So I've just paid for my dealer to fit a Porsche approved one for me which I believe is the same Cobra unit.

You are right, because it was not listed as a option I just assumed it was standard now.

Back
Top Bottom