A lack of 1155 boards?

Soldato
I have a 3570k, and due several issues that point at my Gigabyte Z77-D3H being a bad 'un, I've been looking for 1155 boards to replace it. However, i've noticed a complete lack of 1155 boards, and not just on OcUK, everywhere.

Am I going to have to get a new CPU as well? And move to 1150?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unless you go secondhand via auction site, or if you have members market access on here. 1155 has been eol for a while now, replaced by 1150 in intels lineup. What sort of issues are you having anyway?

Soldato
OP
Unless you go secondhand via auction site, or if you have members market access on here. 1155 has been eol for a while now, replaced by 1150 in intels lineup. What sort of issues are you having anyway?

Yeah, I have MM access, gonna scout around on there now. Also see here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18504900 Sick to the back teeth with it really, shouldn't have to mess around with BIOS to try and get a stock board to run.

i can find new Z77 boards no problem.

maybe you haven't put too much effort in it.

To be fair, I only had a quick look on OcUK and a more northern-based competitor. Just looked on rainforest and they have a few. Looking an Asus P8Z77-V LX which seems a cheap price.

Caporegime
I cant remember now what I said

that error is for not enough vtt voltage or cpu voltage(it will definately be one of those)

can recommend the up4 th board,no issues with mine and the asus z77 v pro boards (using a z68 v pro again been great board)

Soldato
OP
I cant remember now what I said

that error is for not enough vtt voltage or cpu voltage(it will definately be one of those)

can recommend the up4 th board,no issues with mine and the asus z77 v pro boards (using a z68 v pro again been great board)

Yeah, I had linked the topic further up on this thread. Tried loads of diff BIOS settings that you suggested but none seemed to have any effect.

Think I may find an Asus Z77 V board. Nothing against Gigabytes, I'm sure they're very good; its just that the experiences I've had with this current one and the fact that I've had rock solid Asuses in the past with my old C2Q build makes me lean towards those more.

Associate
They are going to be harder to find now, z77 is two generations old (assuming you consider z87->z97 a generation).

I can't find many s775 x38 boards either :p

Associate
Funny you say that since my z68 board died, a maximus formula x38 with a c2q is my standby setup... still surprisingly capable tbh

But on topic im in the same boat and Im leaning towards a new setup due to lack of boards, but at the end of the day that's what they want.

Associate
Intel changing sockets and chipsets so frequently really screws over people with CPUs that are still very powerful, but using a socket in which MBs are failing.

Eventually CPUs will become defunct simply because there are no MBs left to run them.

I have a 3770K and want a new board (don't have much faith in my current one) but not many options out there - new, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom