Z68 Gene-Z died :( Whats a good replacement?

Associate
As per title really, my asus gene-z died last weekend and enthusiast type boards seem a bit thin on the ground these days for socket 1155...

My cpu is i7-2600k and mem is 8gb corsair vengeance, maybe ebay is best place to look?

Any ideas welcome...:)

Associate
Feel your pain. I want to switch z77 boards and nothing decent left anywhere. Probably going to have to be used, but even then there is not many around at the moment. Like me, you're unable to access the members market as well.

Associate
Z68 boards don't tend to hold value quite so well so you shouldn't find it too pricey to replace, the auction site will prob be best bet for that or classifieds on forums.

About a year or 18 months ago when Z68 stuff was end of life I built up a hoard of around 4 Z68 boards as even new they could be had for around £30!

Associate
OP
you know what ive just found a couple of possibility's on ebay all asus.

i'd prefer new though sooooo, does anybody know how the Asus P8Z77-V LX would compare to my gene? for 60quid i think it might worth a punt...

btw just to explain about form factor situation, it was in a Silverstone gd05 case hence matx... but i do have a lian li v2000 that I can transfer to if need be, just find it easier to justify the gd05 in living room to the wife lol.

Associate
OP
Saying that just seen asrock z77 pro4 and extreme4, in stock ready to go somewhere so now ive started looking at atx the options are opening up a bit.

Associate
OP
I just went for the Asus P8Z77VLX in the end, after reading some reviews performance wise its actually not bad at all. Overclocking wise it will be fairly mild though I imagine which is fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom