Free VPS? - Best way to host TeamSpeak 3 Server for free

Associate
Hi all,

For the past few months, I've been hosting a TeamSpeak 3 server locally on my PC and due to my ISP giving me a dynamic IP, I constantly have to give my friends the IP address when they want to join the server.

I've been looking around online for alternative methods of hosting a TeamSpeak 3 server including trying to use my hosting for my website from GoDaddy. Unfortunately, it turns out that hosting on my web server is not possible as the server is shared and is not a VPS (Virtual Private Server).

I looked up a few tutorials on YouTube which recommended using various free VPS services, one of which actually looks promising (but I'm having to wait a few weeks for my account to be verified).

Are there any other alternatives I can try in order to host the VoIP server? I don't really want to leave my PC on 24/7 :\

Soldato
What you want is dynamic DNS. On such provider is no-ip.com it will give you an address such as user.no-ip.biz which you can give to your friends and it will update automatically whenever your IP address changes but the user.no-ip.biz will remain the same.

There are also other dyn dns providers out there but no-ip.com is one of the best.

Associate
OP
What you want is dynamic DNS. On such provider is no-ip.com it will give you an address such as user.no-ip.biz which you can give to your friends and it will update automatically whenever your IP address changes but the user.no-ip.biz will remain the same.

There are also other dyn dns providers out there but no-ip.com is one of the best.

Oh wow, that's actually great! Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Will definitely have to look into it.

I guess it's a very good alternative to hosting the server elsewhere however, I was looking for something which my friends could use without me having to launch the server client every time they want to join the server :( But again, thanks a lot for the recommendation! Really appreciated.

Soldato
Oh wow, that's actually great! Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Will definitely have to look into it.

I guess it's a very good alternative to hosting the server elsewhere however, I was looking for something which my friends could use without me having to launch the server client every time they want to join the server :( But again, thanks a lot for the recommendation! Really appreciated.

Yeah I have used dynamic dns for many years when I hosted my own website and email, I have only ever used the free ones and no-ip.com has a free option but there are other free ones out there so I would check them all out.

Soldato
Dynamic DNS is how I currently host my mumble server. Easy enough to do. My DDNS is provided by my router manufacturer (Asus) but I point a subdomain at the DDNS for more sneakiness.

Soldato
Have a look at bhost, theres always 30-50% discount codes flying around, one of the best VPS providers around. If you get an account setup and paid for, i'll install TS3 for you, takes a few mins tops. Sign up for the £5 a month job, get it down to £2.5 a month and jobs a good an!

SSD based on 1gbps connection in London. If you get the slightly better spec at £8 a month, then you can start to run a website/forum off of it and things like ProCon/Rcon or multiple TS's

Back
Top Bottom