Irrational fears. Do you have any?

Associate
Is it telling people about your irrational fears?

I wouldn't worry - nothing is odd in GD.

Wow, I missed someone's post, and I have exactly the same.
Apparently quite common? thought I was the only one :eek:

I have a phobia of bbuttons, on clothes.
Apparently when I was a kid being dressed for a wedding, I wouuldn't stop crying untiil I was undressed.

I really hope nobody reads this who knows me. I've told a friend before and what a mistake that was.

Also, my dad has a fear of ketchup.

Soldato
Anything that sounds like it is buzzing. You'll quite often catch me flapping my arms about and jumping in the air down the street to the sound of a hedge trimmer if I have mistakenly thought it a wasp near by? :(

Associate
Thunderstorms. It's the uncertainty of when and where lightning will strike and the loud boom that comes with it. Perhaps not so irrational since lightning can harm you can you cannot control it.

Oh and hard work :D

Soldato
Walking around in the dark or if I can't see (blindfold for surprise party etc). Not because of the boogy man etc but I've got extremely poor balance which is so bad that if I close my eyes I fall over after about 15secs without even moving as my inner ears are shot to hell.

This makes walking when I can't see a nightmare as I can't take more than a few steps without falling over (a bit like being drunk). If I open my eyes I'm instantly balanced again and can walk fine.

Soldato
Oldy I have a couple

Sandpaper... I just cant touch it go near it even say it without getting shivers . I know it wont do me any harm etc.. just think its the texture . god knows.

Can you touch chalk, balsa wood or polystyrene ceiling tiles?

With I have no fear of doing so, the texture of the above seems to confuse the hell out of my fingers and feels like a low voltage electric shock to me.

Associate
Can you touch chalk, balsa wood or polystyrene ceiling tiles?

With I have no fear of doing so, the texture of the above seems to confuse the hell out of my fingers and feels like a low voltage electric shock to me.

Not a phobia but rubbing two sheets of paper together, writing with chalk and a few other things just give me the shivers, feels wrong man

Back
Top Bottom