Assetto Corsa

Associate
Thats why I am avoiding online at the mo... it would be me doing the ramming!

Used to be the same back in GTR2 and Race Pro days. Only way I found to get clean racing was in private servers/leagues. Public is very hit (literally) and miss

Associate
Picked myself up a G27 for £150 too on Friday :D My seating position isn't exactly great for using the clutch, I'm going to get big shin muscles! I'm also pretty rubbish at using the wheel currently. I could lap quicker using my Saitek gamepad. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Do people use different profiles for different cars? i.e. road cars you have amount of steering wheel turn in degrees a lot higher than the race versions? I found 900 a little too high, I'm down at about 540 at the moment in the game. It also looks like I need to get downloading tracks and cars and get online and have some fun playing bumper cars with others :D

Has anyone set up a server too? I had a look at doing this but it seems to be a little complicated if you're setting one up on the PC you're playing the game on too.

Associate
Has anyone set up a server too? I had a look at doing this but it seems to be a little complicated if you're setting one up on the PC you're playing the game on too.
Piece of cake if you know how to do port forwarding on your router. If you're playing as a group on a LAN then it's even easier. If you look in the game's root folder there is a program that creates the CFG data for an event then you just run the server app (Not on the right computer just now but the programs have server in their names ;), the dedicated app is in the server folder from memory)

Associate
can anybody help with my settings im getting fps drop so bad its unplayable.. its only when im in multiplayer while im in practice i sit around my capped fps but in public lobbies i drop to 15fps sometimes average around 40fps....

i have 8350cpu overclocked to 4.7ghz and stock r9 290 vapor x oc edition gpu.

last night i tried to turn off my anti aliasing and turned antistropic down to 2. i also lowered my fps limit to 125 from my 145 i had it set to.

i was playing a few weeks ago and i was gettin 0 problems great fps and that was before i overclocked my cpu. i have tried it back at stock clocks again to no joy

assettosettings1_zps91c5040b.png

assetosettings2_zps6025aead.png

assettosettings4_zpsa6e88f2d.png

assettosettings3_zpsb3d35378.png

any feedback would be great as i love the game even brought a g27 to play it more :mad:

Associate
Piece of cake if you know how to do port forwarding on your router. If you're playing as a group on a LAN then it's even easier. If you look in the game's root folder there is a program that creates the CFG data for an event then you just run the server app (Not on the right computer just now but the programs have server in their names ;), the dedicated app is in the server folder from memory)

Just had another play and all sorted now. I was trying to do it via port triggering and it didn't like that at all. Now I've got it setup as port forwarding all is good :D

Soldato
I still can't find a reasonably priced racing seat/stand combo :/ GT omega had one for 260ish but it's sold out now and doesn't look like it'll be back in stock any time soon.

any recommendations for around 250?

needs to fit g27 with shifter.

Associate
well ive taken of the smoke effects and on practice i was getting 160fps + hoping in a full lobby it solved thing that puzzles me is i have turned everything else up to max and still stays high... surely just the smoke wouldn't have caused that

Associate
Any ideas where to get the go kart tracks from? I downloaded the karts from a link above but cannot see the kart tracks on that site. I of course could be being blind....

Soldato
Spent a few hours over the weekend and I've personally found it very comfortable. It's a little rough around the edges cosmetically and glad it was not full price. Folds up easily for storage too. Lack of any cable management is a missed opportunity too. It looks like you can mount the shifter with a piece of wood using the g27 steering wheel mounts.

I'm happy.

However biggest letdown for me is Asseto Corsa. The FFB with my G27 is crashy, my lap times are above using a DS3 controller.

Played about 30mins and reverted to RF2 that's totally transformed the game.

Racing Sebring its absolutely amazing.

Associate
Pretty passed with assetto atm , something with the last patch is causing CPU usuage to go above that 95% crap . It's fine without wheel on 360 pad. But adding the over head of my wheel seems to cause it . It's unplayable for me atm ... Sidewinder force feedback usb

Soldato
Play Challenge mate. £140 on BoysStuff mine came today :)

Or one of the others.

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/search/playseat/

got one on friday! :)

be interested to hear how you find it after a bit of use, have to put my wheel away when not in use so this sounds spot on as can leave in situ

Does the steering wheel mount clip off, or do you have to kinda climb into the chair when sitting down into it? Can't really tell from the pictures and the description isn't overly clear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lxcNdMdmU

good review! :)

for my needs it is bang on! :) metal construction is very solid, feels comfortable and it has been great for gt6/AC etc! :) with my g27.

you'll need to buy a separate thing to attach the gear shifter though, or just use a bit of wood as it's that simple! :)

over all it's 9/10 for me.

and for the price is bang on what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom