Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
looks like no other option but to order the NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Packs from Hobbyking. Sticks in my throat a bit paying £4.80 for the goods and £5.18 for the postage!

I have 3, maybe 4 (not sure where the 4th motor is) NTM 28-26S 1200KV 'Accessory' packs I'm not using as I won't use NTM motors again after too many mysterious failures :S I can post them out to you FOC if you Trust me an address (I'm sure I have the 4th somewhere, won't have thrown it away just don't know where I've put it...[Old age])

Just the prop adapter and the 3x M2 allen attaching screws for them you need right? I don't have the caps sorry, slung those, too heavy and useless to keep, better to use locking nuts anyway, I'll add locking nuts if you need them too, just let me know. :)

EDIT Found the 4th one! It was in my huge pile of 'To do later.... maybe' things. Let me know if you want them!

Last edited:
Soldato
nqQ4NXj.png

What about this setup?

Not sure about the Lawmate, I don't think it's legal in this country is it? It's tempting due to the ridiculous range it offers.

The 1.2ghz and 2.4ghz set ups can interact with each other. If you're running 2.4ghz radio you need 900mhz or 5.8ghz FPV tx/rx. Don't be fooled by power, a 600mw 5.8ghz set up can outperform a 1.2ghz and uses much smaller antenna as well. 1.2ghz cloverleaf is about the same footprint as a DVD disc!

Permabanned
Wassat Lisapete? Check other places for cheaper stuff?

Oh you mean UK or International Warehouse? Getting everything through the UK warehouse, can't be bothered with 3 month waits...

What I mean is the website is not very clear in telling you where you are ordering from. Ita hidden on the top left. Then you have to check the product again.

EU shipping was 3 times more costly as well!!

Soldato
Yeah, I've had no problems in ordering it all from the same place. Click the warehouse, select UK, then it automatically filters only items available from the UK. If you try and add anything else, it brings up an error saying you can't mix warehouses.

I've ordered all the gubbins for my Hexacopter from HobbyKing, will sort the FPV later. I'll probably get a GoPro or some such for Christmas and sort a FPV video transmitter/receiver in the meantime.

I'm annoyed that at even at 32 years old I still get all excited when I press the order button, then wake up and check the website to see if they've done anything. :p :o

Soldato
I have 3, maybe 4 (not sure where the 4th motor is) NTM 28-26S 1200KV 'Accessory' packs I'm not using as I won't use NTM motors again after too many mysterious failures :S I can post them out to you FOC if you Trust me an address (I'm sure I have the 4th somewhere, won't have thrown it away just don't know where I've put it...[Old age])

Just the prop adapter and the 3x M2 allen attaching screws for them you need right? I don't have the caps sorry, slung those, too heavy and useless to keep, better to use locking nuts anyway, I'll add locking nuts if you need them too, just let me know. :)

EDIT Found the 4th one! It was in my huge pile of 'To do later.... maybe' things. Let me know if you want them!

top man - thanks for that. Will trust you now:D

Associate
Hi all,

Thinking about a Christmas present for my father, and he has mentioned quadcopters with a camera... He has a field that he could fly it from is there a minimum budget to get an 'ok' set up, something that could fly for a few mins, be fairly easy to use, take short video or pictures etc. I do have a Hero 3+ camera that I could lend him.

thanks in advance

Don
If you want to fly a GoPro and you want something that is ready to fly, then the Phantom 2 is probably the cheapest decent quad for that. You could also look at a second hand Phantom 1 or a Walkera QR350 as these are slightly cheaper.

Associate
Thanks, looking at the Phantom 2 website, you can get it with or without a H3-3D gimbal. Is the gimbal needed? Can it be added later (couldn't see it as a separate item)?

Price is certainly top end of what I'd want to pay (splitting it with other family members.) but the Phantom 2 looks like a great bit of kit.

Last edited:
Soldato
What about 3-axis gimbals/controllers on the cheap for GoPro/similar? Anyone recommend anything in that regard?

This is ideally what I want, maybe just go for the controller and order the gimbal?

Soldato
First delivery of a few for new build!

IMAG0657.jpg

Holy moly - the instruction manual for the charger is a book in itself!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
My Syma X4 arrived today, cute little thing a bit smaller than I was expecting but still slightly bigger than the hubsan, really love the styling will report back once I've actually flown it!

edit:
Flown it now, good fun still not sure if I prefer it over the Hubsan X4 its certainly a lot more quiet but it's also a lot more docile IE: the Yaw rate is slow so you can't pull of those fast drift like turns.

Turns out the cats hate it even though it's silent compared to the Hubsan.

Might have the mod the controller to take the spring of the left stick as I was attempting to yaw I kept pushing the throttle down due to the spring tension

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281280053608

DJI Phantom Gopro 2 3 CNC Metal Brushless Camera Gimbal w/ Motors & Controller S

Only two axis, but for $54/£35 delivered, it really isn't bad at all. Video of turning the thing on:

It's not in action, but all it needs is a couple of channel inputs and you're done.

Better video, in action:

Just need a camera and video TX/RX now, should be a bit of a beast all set-up properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it looks to be a bit of a bargain considering I almost spent £250 on a 3 axis one yesterday, the 3rd axis I probably won't immediately notice.

What do I do about 'landing gear' for my hexacopter? Are all the mounting points on the underside of frame kits standard?

Soldato
Evening all,

I'm new to Quadcopters, I flew a friends Hubsan X4 back in the summer and found it fun. So for Christmas I'm asking the girlfriend to get me one ;)

I've seen the Hubsan X4 with the camera, these seem to be £35 (rubbish camera) & £50 for the HD camera version. I have however now seen the Syma X5 quadcopter, which looks a better package for the money.. advice please on which to buy!

Back
Top Bottom