Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone got blue and wished they had gotten the white or vice versa? None of the shops around here have them so i cant see them in the flesh before i buy. Was thinking of refreshing with O2 but blue is the only option there. I would normally never even consider a white phone but i do think the nexus 6 looks nicer in white from the videos i have seen.

Soldato
Anyone got blue and wished they had gotten the white or vice versa? None of the shops around here have them so i cant see them in the flesh before i buy. Was thinking of refreshing with O2 but blue is the only option there. I would normally never even consider a white phone but i do think the nexus 6 looks nicer in white from the videos i have seen.

Well I got a white N5 and always regretted it :)

Gone blue this time.

Soldato
Yes I know it's plastic, I meant it looks cheapish. I don't have one but from reviews it looks like a massive finger print magnet too which kind of adds to the cheapish look. This is the reason I went for the white.

Those with the blue version...... Your thoughts on the rear?

From reviews they say it does not feel cheap like the n5 or galaxy phones do

Associate
The white does look better imo.

But if I ever get this phone :)mad:vodafone:mad:) I'm going to put a blue carbon dbrand skin on the back so the back cover doesn't bother me too much. If I'd got white then it would have been a black skin. Black skin looks good with the silver trim, not so much with the blue trim from the photos I've seen.

Soldato
Well i went and ordered with O2, so only had the blue option hope i dont live to regret it :) Worried about these screen issues people are reporting like the reddish tint on low brightness and dim display etc but at the same time, i just wanna get away from my windows phone and so long as the phone looks fine when you havent put it side by side with a better screen i am not too fussed.

Associate
Just from browsing around reddit it sounds like the screen is dim with adaptive brightness on and will go red/pink at low brightness levels. With adaptive brightness turned off it doesn't do that, and will also go much brighter.

If that's true then it doesn't sound too bad.

Soldato
Just from browsing around reddit it sounds like the screen is dim with adaptive brightness on and will go red/pink at low brightness levels. With adaptive brightness turned off it doesn't do that, and will also go much brighter.

If that's true then it doesn't sound too bad.

if that is the case then will get addressed in a update no doubt.

- still no dispatch note from vodafone.

I am out all day today and tomorrow with work so not overly fussed, but would like it ideally sat waiting for me on wednesday!

Soldato
Mine says the parcel has arrived at local depot, still no time slot though.

I've got no reason to need a early slot, im at work and wont be able to fiddle with it until im back anyway.

Edit: mines through CPW.

Soldato
On Friday 5th I was told this by VodaChat:
Isabella: we have checked the order status for you , the order has been dispatched today ,and will be delivered to you in 2 working days
Me: oh ok, thank you. so the order is definitely with DPD now?
Isabella: yes

Today on Monday 8th I was told this by VodaChat:
Jimmy:
On checking that for you I can see that your order is placed successfully but as due to the high demand of the handset you are facing delay in the delivery but be assured you will receive it soon as we are trying our best to deliver the handset as quickly as possible.
Me:
so is it out of stock?
Jimmy:
Yes!! But be assured you will receive it soon.

Then after asking why I was told the above... he comes back with:
Jimmy: I have checked that with the ware house and be assured handset will be soon delivered to you might expect to receive it in 24-48hours.

What a ******* joke.
I've always tried to stay with Vodafone as they are(?) the only big British mobile company left. But this is really pushing me to ditch them.

Soldato
Anyone got a PAYG from O2 yet that can confirm they're SIM locked?

There don't appear to be unlockers on eBay yet :( I do have an O2 SIM I can use, but would be nice to unlock it.

I guess I have 7 (14?) days and I can return it anyway.

**EDIT** This one works apparently - http://www.cellunlocker.net/motorola-unlock.php

Also, this site is cheaper ($10) but I don't see the Nexus 6 listed...

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my text, coming between 3 and 4. Done something stupid the other day and decided to agree to going round a friends house to sort out their dodgy computer tonight. So it may be even more time til i can have a play. :(

Associate
Got mine (32 Midnight Blue) yesterday from CPW. Coming from a S4 this phone is massive, but I like it. On another note how do I turn sync on/off? On kitkat there was a toggle for it, can't find it anywhere

Back
Top Bottom