Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Seems like vodafones system is a right mess. Orders on 2 different systems and today even the chat guys couldnt access anything as they were down.
I just got 2 emails from them saying my "order is on its way". Although the top title says "Your order''s ready for delivery". And the VodaTracking is still on stage 3, and also no sign of any DPD tracking ID.
So who knows...

Associate
I know its only been 5 seconds since people have got their hands on them, but has anyone tried http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ for unlock/root.

Nexus 6 is supported now and it does have a clickable to disable encryption, so it does look a nice method. If it works that is.

Edit: Handy XDA guide

I've not used that no but i used chainfires autoroot to root it. was quick and simple

Haven't removed the encryption yet, I haven't noticed a lag in performance that has made me consider it. seems fine to me, but will probably remove it to test at some point

Associate
Looks like vodafone have fulfilled orders for existing customers, and ignored any new customers. Plenty of new customers with tracking id's (which apparently will only start working when DPD collect your phone). Called up, they checked my order and it's currently processing, passed the credit check fine. Checked with the warehouse and expecting stock in the next few days.

Someone on the vodafone forum was told they only received 100 phones. Considering there are existing customers who ordered later than me with tracking numbers that confirms that they are ignoring new customers for now. ******* ridiculous.

Associate
I know its only been 5 seconds since people have got their hands on them, but has anyone tried http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ for unlock/root.

Nexus 6 is supported now and it does have a clickable to disable encryption, so it does look a nice method. If it works that is.

Edit: Handy XDA guide

Yes I used it perfectly. Downloaded the drivers and did everything in this order:

1) Unlock
2) Non-encryption boot
3) Root & custom recovery

Really easy to use.

Soldato
Looks like vodafone have fulfilled orders for existing customers, and ignored any new customers. Plenty of new customers with tracking id's (which apparently will only start working when DPD collect your phone). Called up, they checked my order and it's currently processing, passed the credit check fine. Checked with the warehouse and expecting stock in the next few days.

Someone on the vodafone forum was told they only received 100 phones. Considering there are existing customers who ordered later than me with tracking numbers that confirms that they are ignoring new customers for now. ******* ridiculous.

I think that getting on at them at the chat support does help. I did today and got an email about dispatch shortly afterwards.. Unless it was a big coinsidence..
Just got this email 1 minute ago:

Your VODAFONE order will be delivered on Tuesday 9th December by DPD. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery at:

Associate
Seen on XDA someone up upgraded with vodafone on 26th Nov also got shipping notification today.

Tbh I'm pretty livid with vodafone atm. How can they send phones out to people who ordered over a week later while ignoring new customers ordering on 18th. Either this is a major systems **** up or vodafone just feel like saying **** off to any new customers.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Finally got mine today! :D White 64GB Nexus 6.

8A4iGRO.jpg

Some photos for you! It's not actually white - it's grey, not the white I expected like on my Nexus 5. In fact, it's like a dirty grey? But it's nice enough for me. :D And compared to my Sony Z2, the size isn't that much bigger in my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got mine today! :D White 64GB Nexus 6.

Some photos for you! It's not actually white - it's grey, not the white I expected like on my Nexus 5. In fact, it's like a dirty grey? But it's nice enough for me. :D And compared to my Sony Z2, the size isn't that much bigger in my opinion.

Looks like a dull dirty white. Is that the case?

Associate
Just received DPD details for home delivery tomorrow (64GB Blue) for my order from CPW. Shame I placed order with delivery to store! as I work 2 minutes away from it. Doh CPW!

Back
Top Bottom