Sleeping in separate beds to partner

fez

fez

Caporegime
So, how many of you do this on a regular basis? I find that I don't sleep nearly as well when we are in the same bed. Shes like 5'2" and we have a king size bed but she somehow manages to take up loads of the bed and I find myself waking up numerous times in the night.

I slept in the spare bedroom last night and it was lovely. Smaller bed, not so comfy but just having the space on my own allowed me to sleep much better.

She is however taking this as a sign of the apocalypse and that its a slippery slope (not sure to where).

So, do any of you lot sleep in separate beds occasionally to get some proper sleep.

Man of Honour
If one of us has a really bad cold / flu I will sleep downstairs with the dogs rather than listen to coughing or subject her to it. Does that count?

Associate
Me and my wife have only slept in the same bed once in the last 3months, but thats mainly because our 1 year old sleeps really badly in his cot, so she sleeps with him on the spare double bed.

I sleep so well!!

Soldato
My partner and I have slept in separate beds in separate rooms for many years as I tend to a nocturnal beast and was disturbing her nightly by putting the TV or PC.

Cannot see what the issue is unless your wife/GF is insecure and needs to live the stereotypical way as deemed normal by society.

But we are probably older than you and comfortable with each other that we do not feel that we have to sleep as in sleep together to show that our relationship is fine.

Permabanned
Yeah Terry and June do it.

My Mrs can't sleep properly without me in the bed where as I sleep like a log when she isn't there. It's just Women dude, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

Underboss
My wife snores, really really badly. So if she has a cold/infection she is even worse.

Unless I get to sleep first I can't deal with the snoring so go and sleep on the sofa.

She doesn't take offence and understands that if I don't get at least 7hours I am a very grumpy bear the next day.

Soldato
It took me more than a year to get used to sleeping in the same bed with my girlfriend. I use to have the same as you, but now I've adjusted and it's fine.

May I ask how long you've been together?

Soldato
One of us will go to the spare room if the other is ill, I suspect I sleep better alone as does she but she's not willing to give up "extra warms" for separate beds. I do have obstructive sleep apnoea which doesn't help either of us though with a machine on all night.

fez

fez

Caporegime
OP
It took me more than a year to get used to sleeping in the same bed with my girlfriend. I use to have the same as you, but now I've adjusted and it's fine.

May I ask how long you've been together?

We've been together a year and a half ish and living together for the past 11 months.

Back
Top Bottom