Police forces called back to base..

Soldato
It is a plot to kill a police officer...

specifically in the exact manner as lee rigby? Nope I don't mean that - just that it seems to be a plot to essentially grab and kill any cop as per the lee rigby plotters wanting to find nd kill any off duty soldier they could find.. Not a specific target per say - thus all the police being called back for briefings

Ok.

I can't find the information describing this plot to kill a Police Officer?

Caporegime
Arctine - see the statement on the other page - if you read it carefully it indicates what the threat is... (attack on the police) it specifically states there isn't an increased threat to members if the public.

various press stories today too about this and they're a bit more explicit about a plot to kill an officer

Last edited:
Soldato

Thank you.

Arctine - see the statement on the other page - if you read it carefully it is clear what the threat is... it specifically states there isn't an increased threat to members if the public.

It suggests a threat relating to the likelihood of an attack on a Police Officer, not any details of a specific plot to kill a Police Officer.

various press stories today about this and they're a bit more explicit if you didn't see what the statement yesterday implied

The stories are fair enough.

It is worrying.

Caporegime
It suggests a threat relating to the likelihood of an attack on a Police Officer, not any details of a specific plot to kill a Police Officer.

I think it is pretty obvious that an 'attack' in the context of a terror plot doesn't mean they just want to give a police officer a few bruises.

Soldato
I think it is pretty obvious that an 'attack' in the context of a terror plot doesn't mean they just want to give a police officer a few bruises.

I know you do and I appreciate you were right.

However, considering the information available last night when I said you'd jumped to a conclusion, I don't retract.

You read between the lines and guessed. Turns out it was a good guess.

Permabanned
It's rare you see officers on the streets of the West Midlands anyway so I doubt anyone would notice.

Caporegime
I know you do and I appreciate you were right.

However, considering the information available last night when I said you'd jumped to a conclusion, I don't retract.

You read between the lines and guessed. Turns out it was a good guess.

Common sense... what else would an attack on a police officer mean in the context of a terror plot? Do you think they'd call back all officers because someone wanted to throw eggs at them? It is hardly a guess... just reading the report and realising what it is referring to.

Caporegime
Do they know for sure that the threat is real and not just some prank call?
Also why would someone want to target a police officer unless its personal.

Same reason they wanted to target any soldier they could find when they killed lee rigby.

Associate
Also why would someone want to target a police officer unless its personal.

Are you serious ?

Anyway a member of the public would be good enough as long as they're white, it's all about trying to instil fear.

A plot to behead a soldier has already been disrupted this year it's only a matter of time before some crazed muslim has another go.

Caporegime
In Solihull centre there are loads of cops, but in brum city centre there aren't many about.

They're mostly there to keep an eye on the dirty brummies and chelmos who come to visit.

IIRC the local nightclub was told to stop playing hip hop music some years ago as they didn't want to attract scumbags from Birmingham.

Back
Top Bottom