Police forces called back to base..

Soldato
Why would IS/extremists want to target the UK security forces? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

So it's been confirmed the threat is from ISIS ?
also a soldier was targeted previously, soldiers go to middle eastern countries and kill people, so them wanting to kill soldiers in return is one thing but i don't agree with the answer being pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you serious ?

Anyway a member of the public would be good enough as long as they're white, it's all about trying to instil fear.

A plot to behead a soldier has already been disrupted this year it's only a matter of time before some crazed muslim has another go.

if it's any target then surely a police officer is a bad choice....also why give warning. won't help their objective if people are looking out for attacks.

Caporegime
When the threat level got raised the other month we were told not to wear our ID in public or wear uniform / clothing identifying who we work for while out in public unless on official business.

Soldato
When the threat level got raised the other month we were told not to wear our ID in public or wear uniform / clothing identifying who we work for while out in public unless on official business.

I don't know anyone who doesn't try their best not to wear uniform in public anyway.

Soldato
Lots of people say that, but how often are you actually looking out of your windows looking for them?

It's pretty true, I walk through the city centre daily and see 3-4 in New Street and thats it and 2 of them are normally CPSO's. Travelling through 3-4 "rough areas*" there isn't any police presence, and it's been like this for years.

Last time I saw Police around where I live was Black Friday and when a travellers starting fighting in the middle of the Coventry Road. :p

*Spark Brook, Spark Hill, Tyseley, Small Heath.

Permabanned
Burnsy lives in Southampton, why he thinks he knows what the Policing is like in the West Midlands I'll never know.

Man of Honour
Burnsy lives in Southampton, why he thinks he knows what the Policing is like in the West Midlands I'll never know.

People say that they never see police officers in Southampton either, despite the fact I know that they are around a particular area in question all the time. It's not unique to West Mids and I never said I was being specific.

Permabanned
People say that they never see police officers in Southampton either, despite the fact I know that they are around a particular area in question all the time. It's not unique to West Mids and I never said I was being specific.

No you assumed that I don't know what a Police officer looks like which is why I don't see them.

Fact is, you don't see many in the areas you need to, I know you're the OcUK voice of the Police but you don't know everything :)

Caporegime
Do they know for sure that the threat is real and not just some prank call?
Also why would someone want to target a police officer unless its personal.

In retaliation for the west targeting fighters in the Middle East. We drone their soldiers/leaders and someone here tries to respond. We declared the global war remember... ;) Alternatively it's just a random nutter like the lee Rigby killers.

Man of Honour
No you assumed that I don't know what a Police officer looks like which is why I don't see them.

No, I'm not saying that at all - that's your assumption. What I'm saying is that most of the time when police attend an incident and people are at home watching the telly etc, they don't see officers doing their work and just assume that they're never there. In 15 mins you can turn up to a house in a car, arrest someone and be gone again without anyone seeing. You can miss all of that by simply being leisurely on the toilet.

Just because you never see police doesn't mean they're not there.

Fact is, you don't see many in the areas you need to, I know you're the OcUK voice of the Police but you don't know everything :)

I never suggested I did know everything.

Permabanned
No, I'm not saying that at all - that's your assumption. What I'm saying is that most of the time when police attend an incident and people are at home watching the telly etc, they don't see officers doing their work and just assume that they're never there. In 15 mins you can turn up to a house in a car, arrest someone and be gone again without anyone seeing. You can miss all of that by simply being leisurely on the toilet.

Just because you never see police doesn't mean they're not there.

I never suggested I did know everything.

We're talking about the visibility of officers on the streets and how you rarely see them in the areas where they're needed most. You came back with "When you look out of your window, are you actually looking for them" :confused:

You could have fooled me.

Man of Honour
We're talking about the visibility of officers on the streets and how you rarely see them in the areas where they're needed most. You came back with "When you look out of your window, are you actually looking for them" :confused:

You could have fooled me.

That's not quite what I said though was it?

Lots of people say that, but how often are you actually looking out of your windows looking for them?

How often do you look out of your window specifically to look for Police? Most people get on with their business and don't look out unless they hear a commotion. If police are quiet, few people actually see them, especially during the night, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

Permabanned
Really Burnsy?

I actually leave the house, I can also see when there is a police officer around, they wear high visibility clothing and funny hats, I would have thought you would have known that?

Or are you referring to the Ninja Police who dress in black and only drive round at night?

Permabanned
Really Burnsy?

I actually leave the house, I can also see when there is a police officer around, they wear high visibility clothing and funny hats, I would have thought you would have known that?

Or are you referring to the Ninja Police who dress in black and only drive round at night?

What about the ones operating under cover all the time in town centres? Can you spot them?

Back
Top Bottom