**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
Play the campaigns to get used to the general game. StarCraft master in the arcade is good to learn the next step in micro/macro skills.

Overall, learning build orders, timings and practice from there. There are a load of guides on youtube although I'm not sure how up to date they are (New units added in HoTS along with always changing nerfs and buffs on units)

Will give that a go - thanks :)

Associate
I recently purchased this game and tried a few matches online with the matchmaking service. All the people I played against had played hundreds and in some cases thousands of games. This seems odd as I had zero chance of winning and I thought I would be pitted against people of similar skill. This has put me off playing online again as there seems no point if I am going to be playing pros and I am just a lowly noob.

Let me know what your username is and I will add you - I havent played much more than a bit of the campaign but would be happy to be fodder for practice and will help me eventually ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Game isn't dead, I know several people that still play regularly including myself. There is also a big expansion coming out in the new year.

Soldato
I've been keeping an eye on the Legacy of the Void reveal, hopefully that will get some people back into it, myself included. Had some great times on WoL :D

Associate
Who's still playing/thinking of starting the game again then?

I've been playing a lot this weekend. Turns out I suck now, down to gold :(. My friends list is more or less devoid of activity - The game feels lonely even if queue times are only a few seconds :(.

If anyone wants to play some games let me know and I'll add you!

Soldato
I played a few games yesterday for the first time in like 8 months and the game still makes me rage. Its the only game that actually makes me really mad for some reason. Played like 5k games total and just can't seem to enjoy it anymore.

Associate
Did anyone watch IEM yesterday? Some absolutely sick games between Innovation and Life, and Zest vs Hydra was a good series too.

Get hyped for Flash coming up in a couple of hours :D. Bracket here:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_IX_-_World_Championship

The broadcast will start in 1.5 hours (12:00pm UK time). Today is the 2nd half of the round of 16, so we'll see herO vs Cure, Flash vs Trap, Bbyong vs Solar and Maru vs Patience. I reckon herO, Trap, Bbyong, Maru advance but I'll root for Flash.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair play I'd forgotten just why I stopped playing this. Been back a week and whilst I'm only silver if I so much as lose the teddies from team mates really fly out the pram. Seem's everyone wants to be a diamond player, just not that enjoyeable any more?

Soldato
Came back to this recently as well. I never play public team games, only ever with friends, much more fun.

Team games are there to be fun and I don't think should be taken very seriously

I should be online tonight if you fancy some games

Back
Top Bottom