The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
What's annoying is that I recently bought a new SD/CF card reader since my old one was a bit slow but then I bought my 7d2 and found that has a USB3 port to copy images straight from it!

That is useful performance copying direct from the camera has always been garbage. Still can't beat a card reader for convenience after a week away!

Soldato
So well this is odd. the eBay seller replied to my question regarding where my flashes are and he said it shipped on the 12th and could take up to 35 day depending on how busy the postal services are this time of year.

A couple hours later he says they're really sorry and they are out of stock everywhere in China but as soon as they have stock they will ship.He said he'd refund me and message me once stock arrives so I can buy again and he'd use priority DHL so I get it faster.

So what is being shipped if they're out of stock :eek:

Free YN-600EXs? :eek:

I doubt anything has been shipped at all and he was simply lying.

This is what I was talking about earlier - supply of the Yongnuo's is so limited at the moment that none of the eBay sellers trying to make a quick buck are able to actually fulfil most of their orders.

I got a second Canon one for now and will get a Yongnuo in a few months when the supply gets better and things calm down. £300 wasn't at all bad for the Canon I don't think.

Soldato
Enough talk of viewfinders!

Not very exciting...

Leather strap so that we no longer look like advertising boards at weddings.
5BHyAVV.jpg
mvlDqnp.jpg

2x Domke messenger bags. Perfect size for us, fits a smaller fullframe with prime lens + one other prime, along with flash , batteries, card pocketwizards ect.

Got a little sick of carrying one billingham around and having to find places to put them down all the time. The plan is to keep these with us at all times during weddings, but also to use when out and about with a camera as it doesn't scream camera bag . Really nice and compact too.
s1sYSXt.jpg
uZjY31N.jpg
G81GWKj.jpg
eLNVcJF.jpg
pWmfjNc.jpg

Man of Honour
I doubt anything has been shipped at all and he was simply lying.

This is what I was talking about earlier - supply of the Yongnuo's is so limited at the moment that none of the eBay sellers trying to make a quick buck are able to actually fulfil most of their orders.

I got a second Canon one for now and will get a Yongnuo in a few months when the supply gets better and things calm down. £300 wasn't at all bad for the Canon I don't think.

Still no flashes, I've requested refund and re-reading the seller's message back from before he says it was shipped on 13/12/2014 - How can it be shipped in the future and what is the tracking number for then because you only get a tracking number once an item is shipped and the number registers on Royal mail's website so what has been sent to me if there's no stock!

Needless to say I've raised an item not received claim with a refund outcome on eBay, seller has until the 21st to confirm what's going on.

Such a faff, all because I wanted some flashes early :o

Associate
New camera bag - Wonder if you can guess the brand?!!!

ORMgJfXl.jpg

Takes my D300, 50mm f/1.8, 17-70mm and 100-300mm f/4, and I can bung my laptop in if I'm away overnight. Has a lower pocket for a compact tripod (Sorry Manfrotto, but £150 for your beFree is just a bit too much - £30 Hama compact does the same job!) Initial impressions are that it's well-made, and should stand up to a bit of abuse. Me likey!

Back
Top Bottom