*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
Lets be honest no ones needs Sky anymore if you have a PC , Catchup TV , Streaming sites , illegal downloading

trust me some people do! I've tried all that with the wife and it just doesn't work :(

Catch up TV via a Smart Hub? I looked in there a few times. Horrid picture quality. As well as content. Who sits on a computer chair to watch any form of TV?

Soldato
Chromecast is what we use 4 tvs (soon to be 5) and only 1 of those has a traditional connection the rest have chromecast, using Netflix/now tv and iplayer. Itv tend to lose out due to non support there and unfortunately catch-up or related services don't have a chromecast connection (except via chrome which is terrible). Could do a roku but the chromecast footprint is very small aka additional cables

Man of Honour
They keep trying to phone me, blocked the number now, I'm not interested.

Even the film rental has got more of a rip off. £4.49 and £5.49. Both £1 cheaper on Xbox movies.

Last edited:
Associate
Catch up TV via a Smart Hub? I looked in there a few times. Horrid picture quality. As well as content. Who sits on a computer chair to watch any form of TV?

You don't sit on your pc chair , you have your pc setup so you can watch movies from PC to TV Screen , its a case of just dragging the Movie player over , You can download pretty much anything in HD if you know where to look from all over the internet. so the quality is pretty much the same. I can see why a partner would moan as they would find all this confusing and just want to come home sit down and press the on and off button lol

Soldato
Good deal there, only 3 days before they turn me off. Still only offering me 35% off.

This is all they offered me just now, I have the family package, multiscreen, phone and fibre 40/10

Will probably put a cancellation in at the start of Jan and see what happens, been with them 13 years so she kept telling me :confused:

Associate
I currently have the sky tv/BB/phone/line rental bundle im only paying ~ £48 per month for it, of which £25 is for my tv package (its only the basic entertainment package, no HD). I've been thinking about cancelling the tv and downgrading to Now TV instead as i really dont get the most out of Sky TV and most of the channels i do watch are available on now tv and/or freeview. For anyone in a similar situation, do sky bump up the cost of the BB/phone if you dont have the tv element? if so roughly how much per month does it increase by? I've been a customer for 5+ years so im out of contract period and really dont want to get drawn back in for another 12 months if i were to move my internet and phone.

Soldato
On live chat now trying to cancel.The first person disappeared after 30 minutes and I got transferred, and am now starting all over again.
Its like pulling teeth...

2.14 started chat. Stacey .Transferred to a new advisor at 2.46
2.46 started chat. Lynne.Transferred to a new advisor at 3.30
3.30 started chat. David...
4.25 Bill down from £49.50 to £29.25 for family inc multiroom for ten months of a 12 month contract, and a new 2TB sky + box for £49 with free fitting.

Last edited:
Soldato
We cancelled Sky Sports a while ago, I watched the Golf and my sister watched some of the football games which was on. We just never seemed to watch the channel enough to justify paying.

We would never get rid of Sky Movies though, these get watched daily. My one big gripe with Sky is how they changed the way you watch on consoles using Sky Go. Now to watch on consoles, you have to pay more and get Sky Go Extra! No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom