Fuel up/down again

Soldato
At the rate it's dropping and given I only fill up every few weeks at the moment I'd guess there's an argument for only doing a partial fill and going more frequently than brimming it only to watch the prices fall. :p

Soldato
When I started driving fuel was something like 82 pence per litre, chances of it ever getting anywhere near that are slim I know but can only hope :p Still, at least it no longer costs almost £80 to fill up the tank.

35p here for a whole gallon. Still could not afford it. That was before the 1972 oil crisis. :)

Soldato
Why is it that BP Fuel is more expensive than everything else?

It's also terrible, will make the extra 5 mins journey to Shell.

I prefer BP for several reasons, especially as their diesel doesn't contain FAME but rather HVO. Normal RME/FAME biodiesel increases NOx, leads to deposit build up and can affect the DPF and creep into engine oil. BP have their own sustainable sugar beet plantations which they use to convert waste feedstock to HVO and ethanol. Other fuel companies just use normal FAME/RME.

From biofuelsstp.eu:

Hydrotreated Vegetable Oils (HVO) / Hydroprocessed Esters and Fatty Acids (HEFA) do not have the detrimental effects of ester-type biodiesel fuels, such as increased NOx emission, deposit formation, storage stability problems, more rapid aging of engine oil or poor cold properties. HVOs are straight-chain paraffinic hydrocarbons that are free of aromatics, oxygen and sulfur and have high cetane numbers. They are also approved for use as aviation fuels. The aim is to produce HVOs from sustainable feedstocks.

Now I'm driving a petrol I tend to swap between filling up at the BP at the end of our street and at Costco where it's cheapest. Yesterday Costco was 109.9 (95), 111.9 (97) and 113.9 (DERV).

Back
Top Bottom