• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best possible card for a 500W Corsair builder series powered machine.

Associate
Can't remember the exact spec as I built it around this time last year for a mate. Guessing a 4670k, 8GB, one HDD. Currently running a 7750 but looking to upgrade to best card the PSU can handle.

Thanks for any input.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
That may be the case but while troubleshooting to find out whether my GTX 780 is the component having issues I switched from an Antec Truepower New to my wife's Corsair CX750 and coil whine is heavily reduced and virtually unnoticeable. Luck of the draw perhaps? Either way the 970 is the best choice at that budget (or any to be perfectly honest).

Soldato
Depends on if that whine is coming from the graphics card or the PSU itself.

ohh not another guy blaming the PSU instead of the nvidia graphics card...

I'm sure if his PSU is going to whine and be notiable it would have done it by now. It will be 970 that whines but may be because of the corsair and 970 combo.

@ OP just avoid the MSI versions as these seem to be the main offenders when it comes to the coil whine!

Back
Top Bottom