*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
+1.

L seemed fine to me.

I've got 3.85gb free on my 16gb, it's press an icon then count to 3 to see if it's going to react and woe betide I press two icons or one icon twice it just freezes up sometimes needing a hard reset. I had a long freeze on the page I opened too this morning but saying all the above all the typing for this reply has been problem free unlike yesterday so my hopes are up.

Soldato
Not being funny but my 32GB Nexus 7 2012 runs like a dog since Lollipop.

Much as it's pretty and clean, I preferred 4.4 with Nova.

I haven't tried lollipop with nova launcher, thats the next thing to do before I go extreme and wipe and restore a 4.4 ROM.......

Soldato
I've got 3.85gb free on my 16gb, it's press an icon then count to 3 to see if it's going to react and woe betide I press two icons or one icon twice it just freezes up sometimes needing a hard reset. I had a long freeze on the page I opened too this morning but saying all the above all the typing for this reply has been problem free unlike yesterday so my hopes are up.

Any better now? A factory reset maybe in order.

Soldato
I remember someone, can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, saying you need to do a factory reset then install a 3rd party app that writes over all the memory and then cleans it. This then frees up the memory correctly.

I tried it on my fiancees N7 16gb wifi with lollipop and it's not made much difference but my N7 32gs 3G with KK works much better.

Soldato
I found (by googling) some things you can turn off in developer options that help with performance on Lollipop for the N7 2012. Also, clearing the cache helps too.

This has made things bearable.

Soldato
I just pushed it to mine using WUG's Toolkit!! which also enabled me to Root it again!! :)

Am now on 5.0.2 and it's like a New tablet again!!! Smooth, not Buttery ( :D ), but smooth!!! the lag seems to have gone!!

Associate
My N7 had slowed to a crawl, so I thought what the hell. Updated to Lollipop using WUGs kit. Was not overly impressed and had a couple of crashes and speed issues. I then used WUGs kit to get 5.0.2 and saw a massive improvement.
However, some apps, in particular SkyGO are incompatible atm. Did a clean install of the last KitKat release and could not be happier.
Tablet is like new again. Chrome is still pants though :p

Soldato
I've been using mine heavily for the last few weeks whilst on holiday, and its still going strong on a DirtyUnicorns 4.4.4 build and F2FS.
Not sure I want to risk going Lollipop as I'm convinced it'll slow down like all the other stock ROMs.

Back
Top Bottom