2014 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Job/Career - Looking for a new career after my usual work has dried up.

Car(s) - Found out I can't drive due to an eye condition so N/A

Holiday - Been to Scotland a few times. Looking to move there in the new year.

Relationship - Hopeless. Ten years ago all was well but fastforward to now and all is rubbish.

High - Brothers wedding. Best day of my life.

Low - Seeing close members of the family suffer from dementia and strokes. Also seeing my uncle struggle with Hodgkin Lymphoma. Depression returning hasn't been a bundle of joy either.

2015 Plans - Move to somewhere cold and wet. Help those close to me who are suffering.

Caporegime
Job/Career - Bad - Got a bad job out of desperation, quit. Got an apprenticeship with a company who don't like giving the apprentice anything to do.

Car(s) - Bad - The Polo continued to break because it is a POS, I also crashed it.

Holiday - Bad - No holidays.

Relationship - Bad - A very complicated mistake.

High - Err... I started going out more I guess.

Low - Depression, anxiety, being prescribed anti-depressants, crashing my car, almost getting kicked out, best friend becoming homeless, you name it.

2015 plans - New job please, new car please, might move out if I can.

Man of Honour
[FnG]magnolia;27330907 said:
Of course not. The typical GDer will be focussing on their own made up version of 2014 which they hacked together from failed and broken dreams and the harsh realities of their actual terrible, crushingly depressing and hopeless life. It's tragically beautiful in a way.

If mine was a fantasy I could have tried harder ;)

Associate
Go on then.

Job/Career - Stopped running a bar, started teaching conversational classes to adults. Love it, but not enough hours. Also have a group of accounting students and a few professors as privates. Also proofreading on the side when I can get it.

Car(s) - Nope. I walk everywhere, and occasionally take the scooter out just to make sure it's still working.

Holiday - I still kind of feel like every day is a holiday living over here, but went away to Hong Kong to get married and had a few weeks in Thailand as a honeymoon.

Relationship - Got married in January, no problems so far.

High - Well, marriage.

Low - Nothing big, just occasional days of frustration with the country.

2015 Plans - Be less poor.

Soldato
Job/Career - Promoted to team leader in my current job.

Car(s) - Still driving my mk3 Mondeo currently with no major issues. Last MOT it was a push to get it through on emissions so next May could be on the look out for new car.

Holiday - Went to Corfu on my 1st ever All Inclusive with girlfriend and...

Relationship - ...Girlfriend became my fiancee. Planning on a kid soon.

High - Getting engaged on a wonderful holiday. Being debt free very soon.

Low - Current flat being disgustingly damp and mouldy to point of health issues.

2015 Plans - Find a new flat to live in with no mould. Save and save for wedding, kid and buying home. Gonna be a long effort.

Soldato
High, getting fit, 4 months of hard work let me pass my first Krav Maga grading last week.

Low - Friends son died in a car crash a couple of weeks ago. Dog is on her last legs.

2015 plans - hope to get to P3 in Krav by this time next year although id settle for 2.

Soldato
Job - came off agency work into a secure job even though it was less money ( i prefered security over a little extra money) been promoted now though so on higher wages than on the agency

Car - none thats on my 2015 to do list

Holiday - same as the Car situation

Relationship - started off well at the beginning of 2014 its all gone downhill now though

High - off agency work and promotion

Low - looking at the total wages ive received and wondered what the hell ive spent it all on.

2015 - get back into the gym, try for another promotion to supervisor, get a driving licence and car sorted

Man of Honour
Job - I'm still in a 'secure' job because people will always be claiming and dieing.

Car - Still got a Mondeo Estate that I use on average once a week but it hasn't been turned on for over 3 weeks.

Holiday - Went to Kusadasi Turkey, excellent holiday.

Relationship - Still with Mrs Dimple after 40 years, 34 of those years married.

High - Amazing wife & kids and I gig in two excellent rock bands with great fellow musicians.

Low - Too many friends dieing

2015 - Try and get a couple of stone off

Soldato
Job - Promotion to development manager, more stuff to do with no more pay.

Car - Same as before, 7 seater (Grand Scenic) for the tribe and Aygo for the wife.

Holiday - None this year.

Relationship - Still with Mrs B after 14 years.

High - Promotion.

Low - Friend dying unexpectedly and suddenly from cancer.

2015 - Change of scene job-wise maybe, holiday for everyone.

Soldato
This time last year I was near death, and spent New Years Eve laying on a table being pumped full of plasma.
Apart from that its been great. :p
2015- keep breathing, and enjoying life.

Soldato
I have to admit this year has flown by, but it's been a good year of change for me.

Job/Career - Was surprised to get promoted to Engineering Manager this year, I have always been moving onwards and upwards in my career, but occasionally you get an opportunity that rewards all your hard-work over the years! However it's an impossible job that has some very tricky sides to it, with impossible deadlines and targets (that's the CEO's preferred method of driving the company forward!).

Car(s) - After a very good 9.5 year ownership period, I sold my Zafira to a work colleague and got a Mazda CX-5 for the family wagon, a car that surprised me in many ways.

Holiday - 3 weeks in Spain was nice, and I am already seeing if I can plan some more trips to the US.

Relationship - Both of us have new jobs this year, but I think we do a good job of working together at having a good relationship, I can't ask for more!

High - Another year with the family!

Low - The usual frustrations with work! Compounded by having the most difficult job in the company! And my 16 year old cat ran out in front of the Mrs car and sadly had to be put down!

2015 Plans - Keep moving onwards! I think a couple of Holidays would be good, and to help my daughter transition to Senior School!

Last edited:
Soldato
High: I finally started to remember to write 14 on things that needed a date on them for 2014

Low: I only have about two weeks left before I have to try and start remembering to write 15 on things that need a date on them for 2015.

Soldato
Job/Career – Been out of my time now a year and a half and it looks like I might get screwed over. I might be forced to do the cover shift which means no holidays in the summer or winter...

Car(s) – About to complete the first year of ownership of the Mazda 6 sport, currently set me back over a grand this year, service, wheel bearing, abs sensor, three tyres and a alloy wheel but it past its MOT with no advisories :D

Holiday – 1 romantic getaway to Edinburgh with my girlfriend for her birthday, 1 lads weekend at the fringe festival in Edinburgh.

Relationship – 10 months into a relationship after giving up completely on the idea that I was good enough to be wanted by a girl.

High – Between getting the girl of my dreams and moving in together and starting a degree I was told I'd never get.

Low – Financial issues, I shouldn't have brought a nice car for myself and I shouldn't have treated my self to a lads holiday. I've blown £10k of savings in a year... Plus I'm stuck in a job I hate until I can get either COMPEX or my degree. :(

2015 Plans – Try and get degree sorted/ get my compex course completed, increase my savings to a decent amount. Try and get used to being around people that give a crap about me.

Man of Honour
Job/Career - Love my job, fantastic end of year appraisal. Very happy.

Car(s) - Company car. Non event.

Holiday - Sunny Beach in Bulgaria in the Summer, Budapest city break in the winter. Enjoyed both.

Relationship - Perfect.

High - Nothing stands out.

Low - Frustrating lack of shed and garage

2015 Plans - Shed

I like these type of threads, and the OP's template :)

Job/Career - just had my appraisal and a small payrise. The boss said that I've worked my best year yet (been there for 4 years). The job itself is secure, although I would like to get back into IT.

Car(s) - N/A I'm not road legal due to eyesight.

Holiday - two trips to France in May and December, and 2.5 weeks off in October for fairs / theme parks etc.

Relationship - foreveralone.jpg

High - had a decent uni / mates reunion recently.

Low - the French trip in May, was too laid back for my liking. 2014 itself was too hot weather wise.

2015 Plans - learn a bit of German, enough to get by and meet my German penfriend there (Berlin).

Maybe add another bit saying how 2014 compares to other years? For me, 2014 was fairly average. Best years were 1995, 1999, 2006 and 2008. Worst years were 1993, 1997, 2002 and 2007.

Associate
Sure, why not?

Job/Career - Still in the same job, starting to develop a few more skills. Will see it out to the New Year and decide on my future then.

Car(s) - Got rid of my Kia Cee'd, upgraded to a 2011 Vauxhall Astra.

Holiday - None this year unfortunately!

Relationship - Broke up with my fiancée, was a good thing in the end!

High - Getting back in touch with old friends, letting the good times roll!

Low - The breakup at the start, but apart from that, nothing really.

2015 Plans - Sort out my career one way or the other, live life more.

Associate
Job/Career - Same job, no payrise. But have got more training on the way and the company have even said they might pay for it. Hope to move roles early next year to build experience to go contract in future.

Car(s) - Yaris handed to wife, I now have a Golf TDI.

Holiday - Mauritius honeymoon. Best holiday I will ever have.

Relationship - Got married in September after being together 9 and half years since school.

High - Buying house, getting married, settling down happily.

Low - Wife's family disowning her and refusing to attend wedding as I wouldn't convert to Islam.

2015 Plans - Change job, more training, train kittens, more running, maybe speak to in-laws.

Associate
So how has this year treated you?

Job/Career - Cant seem to get permanent job currently on my 3rd contract and that ends in 2 weeks

Car(s) - Dont drive

Holiday - None this year.

Relationship - Spent the last year trying to save my marriage and sadly failed

High - Been a terrible yer for me and honestly cant think of one

Low - Marriage falling apart, losing job I love due to cutbacks. Farther passing away

2015 Plans - Honestly dont know atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom