Changes coming to Amazon Prime

Soldato
I signed up to the free Prime trial to get a load of dvds, books etc for Xmas presents. All meant to be delivered next day but didn't even get dispatched until the day they were meant to be delivered so took an extra day.

Only worth £79 if you buy stuff from Amazon every day and have constant deliveries.

Soldato
At this time of year don't expect deliveries to go as expected from any service or courier company. But in saying that Amazon's customer service is top notch so had you been a paying member they would have compensated you in some way.

I rarely watch movies from their prime service but have used it for deliveries for more than 2 years now and it is well worth it even if you don't buy something everyday.

Associate
Ordered some presents late yesterday afternoon and signed up to a free prime trial. 2/3 of the items arrived this morning. I was expecting Tuesday, as this would be the next working day.

Man of Honour
I've had it twice so far. About a year between them (my wife has Prime so we just use her account for most things).

Why not just share her membership with your account then you're both sorted. I share my membership with my housemates so we all get the free delivery.

Man of Honour
You can do that? Never knew, thanks for that.

I only use it for gifts for her really, don't need her prying eyes seeing what i got her for xmas.

Yep there'll be an option under the "Prime" section of her account settings to put your email address in and it'll send you a link to share it.

Soldato
I think I'll be renewing mine even at the new higher price next year as it has more than paid for itself in next day delivery - Saturday and Sunday delivery being very useful!

The use I've made of the Instant Video service too has been great - watched all of The Shield and The Vikings on it so far and countless films although they need more recent films as compared to sky it's pretty poor on newer releases.

Soldato
Might be worth it to anyone who wants to keep Prime but doesn't want the price hike - but I emailed them last month to whinge at the fact I didn't want the streaming video service (which I don't) - the just debited £30 in my bank account!

I'll be renewing when it's up at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom